GOD'S HOLY SPIRIT is JESUS' HOLY SPIRIT
THE HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD
The Almighty Lord God of heaven and earth is a Spiritual Being and Father of all spirits. He manifests Himself as the Holy Spirit which is His power to perform miracles on earth and Jesus Christ, His Son who was born of the Holy Spirit on earth to redeem us from sins thus bringing mankind back to the grace of God.
Adam and Eve sinned against the Lord God and were banished from the garden of Eden and "a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the tree of life" (Gen 3:24).
"Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned" (Rom 5:12).
God wanted to change the situation where man was disengaged from God and He decided to put His Holy Spirit into man's heart so that he might change to a new man capable of loving and obeying the Lord God.
"And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them" (Eze 36:27).
THE HOLY SPIRIT IS THE ONE TRUE GOD
The Holy Spirit is God's wonderful manifestation of His tremendous power to create, protect, judge, guiide, change, and foresee the beginning and ending of all matters under the sun.
God had promised to give His chosen people a new heart, a heart of flesh which He would put into their hearts and be with them always. The Holy Spirit will teach and guide them into the way of righteousness, avoiding evil and strengthening their spirituality. The force of the Holy Spirit is so strong because it is the Spirit of God that will fight on our behalf in our battles against the evil one.
A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh.
- And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them (Eze 36:26-27).
- God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth (Jn 4:24).
- And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all (1 Cor.12:6; Php 2:13).
- And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us (1 Jn 3:24).
THE HOLY SPIRIT IS JESUS CHRIST
"And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father" (Gal 4:6).
- Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty (2 Cor 3:17).
- Paul and Silas were forbidden to preach "the word in Asia (6). After they were come to Mysia, they assayed to go into Bithynia: but the Spirit suffered them not (Acts 16:7).
- Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot (Ac 8:29).
- But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his (Rom 8:9).
The Spirit of God and the Spirit of Jesus Christ are the same. The Holy Spirit is God, and is also Jesus Christ. There is no distinction between them for they are the same Spirit. Praise the Lord.
THE NAMES OF THE HOLY SPIRIT IN THE OLD & NEW TESTAMENTS
The names and titles of the Holy Spirit are varied and listed below. The titles represents the various aspects of the power of God.
- The Spirit of God (Is 11:2).
- The Spirit of wisdom (Deu 34:9).
- The Spirit of burnings (Is 4:4).
- The Spirit of the fear of the Lord (Is 11:2).
- The Spirit of grace (Zech 12:10).
- The Spirit of God (Mt 3:16).
- The Spirit of the Father. The Spirit of the Lord (Mt 10:20; Lk 4:18).
- The Spirit of Christ. The Spirit of Jesus (Rom 8:9; Ac 16:7 RSV).
- The Spirit of truth. The Comforter (Jn 16:13; 14:26).
- The Spirit of holiness. The Holy Ghost (Rom 1:4; Lk 2:26).
- The Spirit of revelation (Eph 1:17).
- The Spirit of grace. The Spirit of life (Heb 10:29; Rom 8:2).
THE WORK OF THE HOLY SPIRIT IN THE OLD TESTAMENT
The work of the Holy Spirit covers three different areas, namely, Creation, Giving Power to Man and the gift of Prophecy which entails Instruction, Warning and Prophecy.
- The Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters (Gen 1:2).
- "Thou sendeth forth thy spirit, and they are created" (Ps 104:30).
- "By his spirit he hath garnished the heavens" (Job 26:13).
- "The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life" (Job 33:4).
POWER GIVEN TO MAN
- Joseph was given the ability to govern (Gen 41:38-41).
- God gave Joshua the ability of leadership to him (Num 27:18-20; Deu 34:9).
- Samson was given extraordinary strength (Judg 14:6,19; 15:14; 16:28-30).
- Seventy elders were able to rule over Israel (Num 11:16-17).
- Ability to create crafts and cunning workmanship was given to Bezaleel and others (Ex 31:2-6; 35:30-31).
- God gave Daniel the ability to interpret dreams (Dan 4:8,9,18; 5:14).
GIFT OF PROPHECY
Prophets had the gift of warning the people ahead of the events, instructing them how to avoid destruction and prophesying.
- The Spirit of the Lord instructed David to speak on behalf of God (1 Sam 16:13; 2 Sam 23:2; 1 Chr 28:12).
- Jahaziel foretold the victory of Judah to king Jehoshaphat (2 Chr 20:14-17).
- Zechariah's warning to Joash (2 Chr 24:20-22).
- Micaiah's prophecy that Ahab would die in the battlefield (1 King 22:13-25).
- The Spirit of God spoke through Ezekiel about the captivity in Chaldea (Eze 11:22-25).
- Micah was empowered to declare the transgression and sin of Israel (Mic 3:8).
THE WORK OF THE HOLY SPIRIT (CHRIST) IN THE NEW TESTAMENT
The Spirit of Christ is noted in Romans 8:9 and 1 Peter 1:11 whereas the Spirit is known as the Spirit of the Lord, grace, Life, truth, Comforter, holiness, and wisdom.
In the New Testament, the Spirit of Christ is manifested in miracles including casting out evil spirits. Listed below are some of the miracles.
- Water changed to wine, Jn 2:9 (first miracle)
- Nobleman's son, Jn 4:46
- Demoniac in the synagogue, Mk 1:26; Lu 4:35.
- Cleansing the leper, Mt 8:3; Mk 1:41; Lu 5:13.
- Centurion's servant, Mt 8:5; Lu 7.2.
- Paralytic, Mt 9:2; Mk 2:3; Lu 5:18.
- Demoniacs of Gadara, Mt 8:28; Mk 5:1; Lu 8:26.
- Raising of Jairus' daughter, Mt 9:18; Mk 5:42; Lu 8:41.
- Blind men, Mt 9:27.
- Feeding five thousand, Mt 14:15; Mk 6:41; Lu 9:12; Jn 6:5.
- Feeding four thousand, Mt 15:32; Mk 8:8.
- Lazarus raised, Jn 11.
- Walking on the sea, Mt 14:25; Mk 6:49; Jn 6:19.
- His resurrection, Lu 24:6; Jn 10:18.
- Ten lepers, Lu 17:12.
THE HOLY SPIRIT AND THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST ARE THE SAME
God's manifestations of the Holy Spirit and the Spirit of Christ (Jesus) are the one and same Spirit of God. In the Old Testament, the works of the Holy Spirit were creation of the universe, giving of the 10 commandments, blessings, judgment, guidance, punishment and prophecy among other wondrous works. The works of the Holy Spirit in the New Testament were bringing the people back to God by giving them the Holy Spirit to dwell in their hearts teaching them obedience and reliance in God through forgiveness of sins, casting out evil spirits performing miracles of wondrous nature as walking on water, feeding of five thousand on two loaves of bread and five fishes, raising Lazarus from the dead, and healing different diseases. Only God can perform such marvellous and outstanding performance. Glory to the Holy Spirit or the Spirit of Christ!
GOD'S MANIFESTATIONS: THE HOLY SPIRIT AND JESUS CHRIST http://hubpages.com/hub/godsmanifestationsholyspiritjesuschrist
GOD'S MANIFESTATION: HOLY SPIRIT (SYMBOLISM) (1) WATER http://hubpages.com/hub/holyspiritsymbolismwater
GOD'S MANIFESTATION: HOLY SPIRIT (SYMBOLISM) (2) FIRE http://hubpages.com/hub/godsmanifestationholyspiritsymbolismfire
PROPHECY: ISAIAH 9:6 GOD'S MANIFESTATION- JESUS CHRIST http://hubpages.com/hub/prophecyisaiah9-6godsmanifestationjesus
God' Holy Spirit is Jesus' Holy Spirit
Do you know both the Spirits are the same Spirit of God?See results without voting
Do you know that in the Old Testament, the Spirit of Jesus was not mentioned at all?See results without voting
© 2009 einron
More by this Author
Longans are good for leg cramps and rapid heart beat. Could be due to Electrolyte imbalances. Longan contains several vitamins and minerals, including iron, magnesium, phosphorus and potassium, and large amounts of...
This is completely different from Trinity. In God and His Manifestation, God and The Holy Spirit are not called "persons" but named "spirits". The Holy Spirit is God's powerful work force....
Eating garlic frequently helps cure cancer. My 98 year old uncle is proof that he survives the family cancer gene. Some died in the late 30s. Most died of different cancers. He outlives 4 brothers, 5 sisters, 5...