PREGNANT WOMAN SEEKS GOD
Grace Mu Lan Wang and her three young daughters,ages four, two and seven months old were baptized unto the Lord God in Cherry Beach, Toronto, Ontario, Canada on September 19, 2010. She was married to Henry Wang, a Christian for about five years, but did not embrace the Christian faith because her family were Buddhists for many generations. When she was expecting her last child, she encountered serious complications due to chicken pox, during her sixth month pregnancy. Chicken pox is a disease of children. Her doctor warned her he could not treat her chicken pox as it might seriously affect her unborn child.
The church was informed of the situation and the congregation prayed for the safe delivery of her child. The church continued praying until the baby was born. When she was confronted with the sickness, she started seeking God and praying for the safe delivery of her child and promised God, she would receive baptism if the child was born without any ill effects. One month after the baby girl was born, she came to church. Her face was full of pockmarks, and I advised her to use Vitamin E cream on her face. Chinese women traditionally would not leave the house for a month after childbirth.
Grace, during her pregnancy of six months until her delivery, had three months of worrying whether her child would be born whole. Even though her husband was praying every day and the church continued support for her, her days of trial were terrifying and worrisome to her. As a non Christian, she had no assurance. Her doctor was unable to help her, Would God listen to her prayers? The three months dragged on and on. One can imagine the turmoil in her brain churning her fears, "Would God help? or Maybe, He would not help. I did not become a Christian for five years and It was alright for my two elder daughters were OK." Life became a nightmare. The three months of waiting for the baby to be born was fraught with anxiety, worry and fear. Fear of impending doom for the baby!
"Chickenpox or chicken pox is a highly contagious illness caused by primary infection with varicella zoster virus (VZV). It usually starts with vesicular skin rash mainly on the body and head rather than at the periphery and become itchy, raw pockmarks, which mostly heal without scarring.
Chicken pox is spread easily through coughs or sneezes of ill individuals or through direct contact with secretions from the rash. Following primary infection there is usually lifelong protective immunity from further episodes of chickenpox.
Chickenpox is rarely fatal, although it is generally more severe in adult males than in adult females or children. Pregnant women and those with a suppressed immune system are at highest risk of serious complications. Chicken pox is now believed to be the cause of one third of stroke cases in children. The most common late complication of chicken pox is shingles, caused by reactivation of the varicella zoster virus decades after the initial episode of chickenpox."
The picture of the baby shows what Grace feared could happen to her new born baby girl. It is enough to scare an expectant mother. On the day of baptism, there were 10 children baptized. Grace's daughter, 4 year old Rachel was the oldest among the children, but Maegan, daughter of Polly and Victor Liu was the youngest at 1 month old. It takes faith for parents of a 1 month old baby to be baptized in Lake Ontario at this time of the year approaching fall (September 19, 2010). It could be extremely cold, but the parents had no fear of the weather, for they had faith in God.
FORSAKING THE BUDDHIST WAY
Grace, by her decision to seek God and to forsake Buddhism has brought not only herself to seek the Almighty God, but also the lives of her three precious young children, Rachel, Ella, and Vivian have dramatically changed. Her husband, Henry did not compel the children to be baptized when the mother was not baptized. Now, his life is much easier for his whole family is united in God. The road ahead of him runs more smoothly for they are all on the right path. Praise the Lord God.
Buddhism is one of the oldest religions in the world. Gautama Buddha (563 BC-483 BC) laid its foundation after he gained Enlightenment under a Bodhi tree at Bodhgaya.
The preaching of Lord Buddha revolves around attaining salvation from worldly sufferings, universal brotherhood, peace and non-violence
Core beliefs of Buddhism:
"Buddhism, like most of the great religions of the world, is divided into a number of different traditions. However, most traditions share a common set of fundamental beliefs.
One fundamental belief of Buddhism is often referred to as reincarnation -- the concept that people are reborn after dying. In fact, most individuals go through many cycles of birth, living, death and rebirth. A practising Buddhist differentiates between the concepts of rebirth and reincarnation. In reincarnation, the individual may recur repeatedly. In rebirth, a person does not necessarily return to Earth as the same entity ever again. He compares it to a leaf growing on a tree. When the withering leaf falls off, a new leaf will eventually replace it. It is similar to the old leaf, but it is not identical to the original leaf.
After many such cycles, if a person releases their attachment to desire and the self, they can attain Nirvana. This is a state of liberation and freedom from suffering."
Buddhism believes in reincarnation, meaning when a person dies, he comes back to earth in another form. It may be any kind of animal, but rarely back to human form. You die as a human being, but may come back as a tiger or lamb or an ant.
The process occurs five or six realms of existence. You go through six cycles of life, but when you have finished the cycle, you go through another cycle of life perpetuating life, but never the same life. It clearly differentiates the life of a Christian from that of a non-believer.
The church follows the baptism of Jesus in the river, or lakes, oceans and places with much water created by God, never in tanks or swimming pools made by man. Jesus was baptized in the River Jordan. The Israelites crossed the Red Sea, which was a form of baptism.
Man is born of sin, the original sin of our forefather, Adam, who was cast out of the garden of Eden. To reconcile with God, we must have our sins removed, and that is to be baptized in the blood of Jesus Christ.
The Israelites had to cross the Red Sea, which was a form of baptism before they reached the Promised Land.
ISRAEL PASSED THROUGH THE RED SEA
1 Cor. 10:1-2
- Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;
- And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
- He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.
- In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and for uncleanness.
A. Babies have orignal sin
- Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
- Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
- Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.
B. The Israelites passed through the Red Sea, a type of water baptism, without leaving the babies behind in Egypt.
- And he said unto them, Let the Lord be so with you, as I will let you go, and your little ones: look to it; for evil is before you.
- But your little ones, which ye said should be a prey, them will I bring in, and they shall know the land which ye have depised.
C. The Israelite boys were circumcised eight days after birth according to the covenant. Circumcision is a prefiguration of baptism.
- And God said unto Abraham, Thou shalt keep the covenant therefore, thou, and thy seed after thee in their generations.
- This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every men child among you shall be circumcised.
- In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
- Buried with him in baptism, where also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
D. The Scriptures records a few cases of "baptism of the whole household" in which babies would inevitably be included.
- And when she (Lydia)was baptized, and her household, ...
- And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.
- And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.
- And Crispus, the chief ruler of the synagogue, believed on the Lord with all his house;
1 Corinthians 1:16
- And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: ...
EVERY KNEE SHOULD BOW TO JESUS
- I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.
- For it is written, As I live saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me and every tongue shall confess to God.
- That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth.
PHARAOH REFUSED TO LET THE CHILDREN LEAVE EGYPT
- And the heart of Pharaoh was hardened, neither would he let the children of Israel go; as the Lord had spoken by Moses.
Satan tried to separate the children from leaving Egypt (worldliness), but Moses insisted that the children should not be separated from the parents.
We should not be persuaded by devious Satan to stop children from being baptized for the argument that children do not know right from wrong. Children do not have faith is another argument and you must have faith to follow Christ. This is men's reasoning, not biblically correct..
STARTING A NEW LIFE IN JESUS CHRIST
Grace, her husband and her three children are now embarking on a new life in Christ, Before becoming a Christian, she had a different outlook on life which was completely different. Now she has to trust and rely completely on Jesus Christ for all her needs. As a newly baptized Christian, she has to be mindful of things in Acts 15:29.
- That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.
- Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
TRIALS ANd TRIBULATIONS http://hubpages.com/hub/trialstribulations
THE TRIALS OF JOB http://hubpages.com/hub/trialsofjob
LIFTING UP HANDS IN WORSHIP AND PRAYER http://hubpages.com/hub/lifthands
Pregnant Woman seeks God
Do you agree that love for her unborn child turns her to seek God and God answers her prayer?See results without voting
Comments 6 comments
PREGNANT WOMAN SEEKS GOD
- Day 2: A Time to Seek God's Strength - Devotions for...
Today's devotional for the
- The Nine Billion Names of God
This particular story was written, in a way, by two science fiction authors at two different times, decades apart. Each has his own anthology of stories built around this masterpiece that concerns the Names of God and a UNIVAC-like computing machine.
- Knowing God's Will For Your Life
Many people wonder what God's will is for them. Knowing God's will for your life can be a puzzling question that we wrestle with for most of our lives. Especially if you are in university, in the middle of...
- Gods Will to heal you
I could write a book on healing. I have experienced hundreds in my life family and friends and in the lives of people I've prayed for. I have gone to atleast 80 church meetings in last 27 years and seen...
- The Gods of My Ancestors
Growing up in a dysfunctional family was the best and worst of all worlds, especially when it came to religion. The bewildering cornucopia of contrasting ideas about God, religion, going to church, etc. was...
© 2010 einron
More by this Author
Testing of Job more severe than man. His three friends did not understand his suffering. God opened his eyss and he understood. Job repented and was blessed.
God would not prolong everyone's life when asked. He did it to Hezekiah because he did what was right in God's eyes. God rewards some cases. Honouring parents will be rewarded in length of days. Those who keep the...
Purdue researchers found that leaves from the Graviola tree killed six human-cell lines. Especially effective against prostate and pancreatic cancer cells. Read why big pharmaceutical companies do not manufacture...