RUN THE RACE WITH PATIENCE
RUN THE RACE WITH PATIENCE: Usain Bolt 3 times Olympic Champion
Apostle Paul in an epistle to the Hebrews advised Christians to "let us run with patience the race that is set before us." (Heb 12:1) This remark reminds all Christians that they must get involved with the race in order to win. Competitors and not spectators can win the race. The Christian race is not a worldly race where spectators place bets on their favourite horse to win. Each Christian must participate in order to receive the crown of life.
Lighting Usain Bolt would not have 9 gold medals (3 Olympic if he did not participate in the race). Bolt was unbeaten since 2008 Olympic and on August 21, 2016, Bolt will be 30 years. He beat Canadian De Grasse (21 years) twice, once in the 200 yard and the 4x100 men's relay. Never say you are too old to participate.
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE CHRISTIAN RACE AND THE OLYMPIC RACE
In the Olympian games, the contestant must qualify before he can take part in the contest. An athlete must compete in his own country before he can take part in the Olympics. Even if he wins in his own country, it does not mean he can automatically qualify for the games. There is a bench mark to qualify.
In the Christian race for the glorious crown, there is no barrier, no qualification except being a practising Christian. Every one in this wide world must compete for the crown of life, and no one is exempt. The other difference is the duration of the race. The Olympic race is of short duration. It may be many days or weeks before the contestant is weeded out because there are other competitors from different countries who do better than the competitor..
The Olympic Race is of short duration. The victory is won or lost in the final race for the fittest. The Christian Race may last a life time. Some may live up to a hundred years old, but with some, life is shorter. All inhabitants in this world would have to compete for salvation, but in the Olympic Race, only the best from the countries compete with each other. In the Christian Race, you compete with yourself to be better.
PREPARATION FOR THE RACE
The Online Journal of Sport Psychology
Physical preparation, Technical skill, Psychological Readiness
Welcome to Athletic Insight - The Online Journal of Sport Psychology. Over the past several years, both coaches and athletes have started to realize that strength, speed and other athletic skills are not sufficient for the production of championship athletes. Athletic performance has three parts: physical preparation, technical skill, and psychological readiness. This model suggests that if any of the above areas are neglected, athletic performance will decline. However, psychological preparation is the component that is most often neglected by athletes and coaches alike.
Since we first started the journal over 10 years ago, the field has grown tremendously and it is increasingly more and more common to see psychologists working in sports. The purpose of this site is to provide a forum for discussion of topics that are relevant to the field of sport psychology through publications in the spring and fall as well as a special edition with contributions from some of the top names in the field every December. The subjects that will be covered include theory, research and practice of sport psychology as well as social issues related to the field of athletics.
Tri-Maine Series - Training & Preparation
Erin Brennan - a triathlete
Family support, Proper Nutrition, Work outs, Discipline
The feisty Tri-Maine race leader offers four tips for aspiring triathletes: “(1) Marry a supportive spouse. Successful racing is all about family support. If I did not have it, I could not win. (2) Eat well by taking in proper nutrition. The old adage ‘garbage in, garbage out’ applies here. (3) Make the workouts count. And (4) know when to be selfish - be disciplined and stick to your training regiment.”
4 TIPS FOR ASPIRING ATHLETES
The 4 tips for aspiring athletes are by Erin Brennan - a triathlete
Family support, Proper Nutrition, Work outs, Discipline
A. FAMILY SUPPORT
Family support is completely essential for an athlete to complete his race successfully. A good athlete does not grow on trees. He is nutured from young and grows sturdily and strong towards his goal. The family must have fostered his dreams from young.
Maternal Influence on Timothy
2 Timothy 1:5
- When I call to remembrance the unfeigned faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice:
B. PROPER NUTRITION
An athlete's body must be strong and resilient to withstand the rigorous pounding on his body. If his heart fails him, he is unfit for the task or any weakness he has, disqualifies him completely. He must be fit as a fiddle. He has to have the right nutrition.
Word of God
The proper Christian nutrition is the word of God. He must know the basic doctrines of the Holy Bible. From young, he must be fed with the love of God and when he is older, he will not depart from the Lord
- It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
1 Thess 2:13
- For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.
- For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
C. TRAINING, WORK OUTS
- Train up a child in the way he should go; and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
- Training expected to produce a specific character or pattern of behavior, especially training that produces moral or mental improvement.
- Controlled behavior resulting from disciplinary training; self-control.
- Control obtained by enforcing compliance or order.
- A systematic method to obtain obedience: a military discipline.
- A state of order based on submission to rules and authority: a teacher who demanded discipline in the classroom.
- Punishment intended to correct or train.
- A set of rules or methods, as those regulating the practice of a church or monastic order.
- A branch of knowledge or teaching.
- Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die.
- Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell.
- Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him.
- Blessed is the man whom thou chastenest, O Lord, and teachest him out of the law.
- The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
- O Lord, by these things men live, and in all these things is the life of my spirit: so wilt thou recover me, and make me to live.
- Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits and live?
Strong emphasis is stressed on the importance of discipline in a child.so as to prepare him to be productive in the future. Children learn more easily than adults. Undisciplined children grow up to be rebellious without respect for authority, resulting in difficulty to follow God. God chastises us and encourages us to repent of our errors.
THE ROUTE OF THE RACE
The route of the Christians has been mapped out for us by God, long before we were born. He has set up road blocks which we must avoid. If we disobey God and hit our feet against the obstacles, we will fall. For four thousand years, God chose the Israelites to be His people, but they kept disobeying Him. He gave them Moses but they disobeyed Him.
Then God made a promise that He would place His Holy Spirit in the hearts of men so they cannot fail to obey Him in the New Covenant. The Ten Commandments were given in the Old Testament, but the people kept failing to respect and obey Him. The Holy Spirit will guide them into all truth.
In the New Testament, God gave His Son Jesus, born of the Holy Spirit to dwell on the earth and sacrificed Himself to redeem our sins. Jesus is the only way to salvation.
JESUS, THE WAY
- 1. Jesus, the way ... (John 14:6)
- 2. The pathway is the way of righteousness (Pr 12:28)
- 3. God's way is perfect (2 Sam 22:31)
- 4. Commit thy way unto the Lord (Ps 37:5)
- 5. One heart, one way (Jer 32:39)
- 6. The way of the commandments, the way of truth (Ps 119:30,32)
COMPLETE THE RACE
The competitor must completely focused his whole attention on the goal which lies ahead, and not be distracted by his fellow competitors. Lot's wife looked back while escaping from Sodom, together with her husband and two daughters, and was turned into a pillar of salt. They were warned before they fled (Genesis 19:15-17, 26). A double-minded person cannot be successful in his task. Unless the race is completed, the Christian cannot receive the prize of eternal life.
- 1. Not fail till finished (David, Solomon - I Chr 28:20)
- 2. Finish the course with joy (Paul - Acts 20:24)
- 3. Will of God to finish the work. (Jesus - John 4:34)
PATIENCE THROUGHOUT THE RACE
Through patience inherit the promises (Heb 6:12)
- God's promise to Abraham fulfilled in Jesus.
- Abraham - David (14 generations)
- David - carrying away into Babylon (14 generations)
Carrying away into Babylon - Jesus Christ (14 generations) Total 42 generations.
Noah's ark built (approx. 100 years)
- Noah was 500 years (approx. when God God appeared to him (Ge 5:32)
- Noah was 600 years when flood came (Ge 7:11,12)
- Isaiah's prophecy about birth of Christ (Is 9:6) (occurred between 760-698 B.C.) fulfilled in birth of Christ.
- Through patience have hope (Rom 15:4)
- In patience, possess your souls (Luke 21:19)
HE THAT SHALL ENDURE UNTO THE END, THE SAME SHALL BE SAVED. (MT 24:13; MARK 13:13)
MARILYN BELL, CONQUERED LAKE ONTARIO
Marilyn Bell, Toronto born Canadian (October 19, 1937) conquered Lake Ontario when she was 16 years old. She swam from Youngstown, New York to Toronto on September 8, 1954, the first woman to swim across Lake Ontario (52 kilometers or 32 miles). The time taken was 21 hours and she had to fight against fatigue, eels, high winds and oil spills.
A year later, Bell became the youngest swimmer to ever swim across the English Channel. Her next accomplishment was swimming across the Juan de Fuca Strait. After that swim, she decided to retire from marathon swim competitions.
How did she accomplish all that? It takes all the 4 tips of family support, good nutrition, work outs and discipline. All four are essentially necessary for Marilyn to be a champion. Here she is competing against herself. She was a plucky girl with determination for one so young to be successful. God blessed her in her efforts. So, let us run the race with patience and win the coveted crown of life. We can definitely win with God on our side.
COMPLETE THE RACE WITH PATIENCE AND WIN THE GOLDEN CROWN OF LIFE.
Moscow - Sunday August 18, 2013
Usain Bolt became the most decorated athlete in the world track championship history by winning gold in the 100, 200 and gold in the relay. He became the world history champion with eight golds and two silvers by beating Carl Lewis (8 golds, 1 silver, 1 bronze) and Michael Johnson (8 golds). Bolt did Jamaica proud!
Friday, August 28, 2015 Toronto Star
Seven years ago, Bolt started his amazing run of gold at the Beijing Olympics and has not lost a a major 200 meter race since Friday, August 28, 2015.
Bolt finally taken Cameraman on Segway upends sprinter after 10th career gold at worlds.
TORONTO STAR, November 28, 2016
Jamaican sprinting champion wanted documentary to show his true personality.
Usain Bolt is now a movie star.
This is Bolt, a behind-the-scenes view of the superstar that took about two years to make and has him holding the camera at times. The idea in large part surrounds Bolt's quest for the so-called triple-triple three golds medals in three gold medals in three events at three consecutive Olympics something no sprinter in the history of the sport had ever accomplished.
Run the Race with Patience
Do you know unless you compete in the race for life, you cannot win? There is only one winner.See results without voting
Do you realize you must make preparation before you compete in the race?See results without voting
Comments 20 comments
- Christian Life: An Endurance Race
The Boulder Peak Triathlon, Colorado, USA I was impressed by a little Christian article that I read recently. It was written by a man of God who passed away in England about 40 years ago. I dont think...
© 2010 einron
More by this Author
Jesus came to earth like a lamb and will return as a lion who rules as king and judge over the people. The lamb of God came as a sacrifice for the sins of the world. In the Old Testament, God reigned supreme as...
Longans are good for leg cramps and rapid heart beat. Could be due to Electrolyte imbalances. Longan contains several vitamins and minerals, including iron, magnesium, phosphorus and potassium, and large amounts of...
Purdue researchers found that leaves from the Graviola tree killed six human-cell lines. Especially effective against prostate and pancreatic cancer cells. Read why big pharmaceutical companies do not manufacture...