A Positive Attitude is the Key to Success
Have a Positive Attitude!
It is important to have a positive attitude towards life in order to enjoy the best of health and to achieve success in the things which really matter. Often people are kept back from reaching their full potential by their own negativity.
Many older persons have the opportunity to reflect on their lives and sadly, they lament their failures, blaming them on misfortune, lack of opportunities, injustice or whatever else they might think of when the truth of the matter is that they were hindered from achieving their dreams by their own negative attitude. They might have hidden behind fears and insecurities and allowed good opportunities to pass them by. They might have lived a life without faith; without hope; without vision. They might have continuously stifled their potential to succeed beneath a blanket of negativity.
Believe in Yourself and Believe in God!
Let me say that nothing is impossible with God and granted that we are all endowed with different gifts, everyone has the potential to succeed in life. However, we can be our own worst enemies when our fears, doubts, lack of confidence and lack of faith in God impede our progress and prevent us from achieving our goals. When God calls us to fullfil a duty, he is ready to give us all that we need to accomplish it. "If God takes you to it,he will surely see you through it" (Author unknown).By doubting our ability to succeed we are, in effect, doubting God's ability to deliver his promises.
It is therefore important to avoid negativity and instead speak and manifest positivity into our lives. Our positivity must begin with us!
Go for it!
Points to Ponder
The following pointers might be useful in finding the right approach to being positive.
- Have faith in yourself - Believe that you are a creature of God and so you are capable of succeeding for God does not uphold failure.
- Identify your God give abilities and display them so that you can be assisted in nurturing them. Do not try to be like anybody else for as the body has different parts so we, as Christ’s body, have different gifts and talents.
- Claim your destiny - Set goals for your life and plan the process which will lead to attainment of these goals. - Stay focused!
- Embrace opportunities; they do not always knock at your door twice. There is always someone else who will be happy to enter immediately through that doorway which you just ignored.
- Empower yourself - Practice/train/study (whichever is necessary in your case).Seek assistance from positive/experienced/successful people. Someone will be willing to listen and assist.
- Associate with other positive people who provide guidance, support and encouragement for those are the people who will keep you on track.
- Avoid negative people - the moaners and complainers; the jerkers and shirkers for they will only pull you back or cause you to lose focus.
- Persevere and keep the faith . Things won’t always be easy. In fact, more often than not things may appear to be daunting. However, the trick is not to be intimidated by the magnitude of the challenge for very often a challenge turns out to be nothing at all when taken step by step or with a well thought out approach. There is a creole saying, ‘say zye ki per twavay’ (it is the eyes that fear the task). This means that the work is nowhere near as difficult as it may appear to be. How true!
- Inspire Yourself -.Tell yourself that you will succeed and work towards making it true. Do not accept defeat or failure for there is always another road; another option which you can explore in order to achieve your goal.
- Treat yourself to something you like when you have had a less than successful day. Certainly you can cheer yourself up! It works! And the next day you start over with a new approach!
- Celebrate - Be happy for your successes and share your joy with those who support you.
- Pray about everything and you will experience God’s hand in your life. Never lose your faith in God! When you have had an exceptionally great day take time off to praise the Lord. And even if the day has not been that great, just stop and count at least three simple blessings that you can thank God for.
Attitude Determines Destiny
To what extent does attitude determine success?See results without voting
Use a Formula for Success
- Formula for Success for Young People
Formula For Success For Young People : Sound Goals + Education + Training + Computer Skills + Discipline and Commitment + Positive Attitude + Strong Connection With the Almighty God = Successful Life
Rewards for Success
Social Issues Hubs
- My Thoughts on Climbing the Ladder of Success
It is possible for everyone to achieve success in their given field of endeavor. However, for this to happen, they must first recognize their ambitions, then plan the path or ladder to their success.
- Travelling the Journey of Life
Life is a journey. We must all try to make this journey count for something for we were not brought into this world to be just another statistic, but to impact the lives of others meaningfully.
- Make the World a Better Place – Be Tolerant Toward...
When we are supportive of each other and sensitive to each other's needs, we contribute to a better and brighter world. “We shall pass this way but once...”
- Youth in Today's Society
We cannot continue to blame the youth for the problems in modern society. “Children learn what they live and they live what they learn” (Dorothy Law Neite), hence adults must model correct behaviors.
Life Lessons Hubs
- Job Satisfaction: High Quality Work Pays Off in the ...
A good salary is the No.1 factor in job motivation for generally, people want to work where the pay is best. However, regardless of the circumstances, a good worker always aims to give his/her best
- Tribute to Mother - Flower Therapy
Therapy can be found in the simplest of things. Flowers are my mother’s therapy; they bring her spiritual healing and contentment. They have enriched her life.
- Facing Change
Change is an integral aspect of living; we all therefore, change over time. Changes in our life circumstances may trigger different changes in our attitudes which are then manifested in our behavior.
- Dealing with Fear
Fear is a negative force inside us which keeps us trapped within ourselves. It creates boundaries and limitations in our lives and prevents us from realizing our true potential.
More by this Author
Competition allows students to exploit their real capabilities and maximize their true potential. It is most productive when it occurs among students of similar abilities.
There are many factors which influence student motivation; these include school as well as non school factors. Students bring to the classroom varying types of extrinsic motivation.
When describing it is important that you engage the reader fully by making him see, hear, feel, taste and/or smell that which you are describing; you should use language which appeals to the senses.