THE MESSIAH HAS COME!
The Messiah, literally the Anointed One means the expected king and deliverer king and deliverer of the Hebrews, who should free them from the yoke of aliens, and make them a great nation ruling over the whole world.
The majority of the Jews today totalling 14-15 million Jewish people in the world are still looking for the Messiah to come to rescue them from their enemies. They have been looking for 6000 years. Few Jews have accepted the fact that Jesus Christ came more than 2000 years ago and His followers totalling millions are all over the world. The spiritual part of the nation of Israel with Jesus ruling the world has been fulfilled. Throughout the world, Christians have accepted Jesus as the Christ, and everyday more and more are being added to the fold.
Jesus was from the line of King David of Israel whose ancestry can be traced back to the son of Abraham (Matthew 1:1). Why are the Jews so reluctant to accept the fact that Jesus, son of God is the Christ or Messiah to the Jews? It is puzzling for millions of gentile Christmas have accepted Him, but not His own people. They have shunned Him for more than 2000 years.
According to Numbers 1:46 in the Old Testament, it was suggested that 603,550 Hebrews left Egypt. They wandered in the wilderness for 40 years till all the adults died except Joshua and Caleb when they reached the Promised Land. During the Second World War, Hitler put to death 6 million Jews including men and children before Israel was resurrected as a nation in 1948 after nearly 2000 years of extinction. Is this a repeat of God's wrath for their wrongdoing in not excepting the Lord Jesus?
Quote from The Chosen People, Volume XVI. Issue 9, November 2010, written by Dr. Mitch Glaser, President,
"Some in the Jewish community suggest that there are more than 300,000 Jews who believe in Jesus, but I would place that number a bit lower - maybe 200,000. The number of believers in Israel has grown over the last two decades from just a few thousand to perhaps more than 15,000!"
200,000 out of 14 or 15 million is not even 10% of all the Jews in the world!
The United States is the largest Christian country in the world by population, followed by Brazil and Mexico.
Noted Christian author George Weigel notes that: "There were only 558 million Christians in the world in 1900 and there will be approximately 2 billion Christians by the middle of this year , a huge increase." However, Christianity has been in a very slow decline for years as a percentage of world population. Weigel states: "...Christians were 34.5 percent of world population in 1900, and will be 33.1 percent in 2002."
Daniel prophesied about Jesus the Messiah who was to come to restore and build Jerusalem (Daniel 9:25). Christ's death was also predicted followed by sufferings and the destruction of the Temple (vs.26). Seventy years after the death of Jesus, Jerusalem was completely destroyed by the Romans (vs.26). Since the Temple was destroyed, there was no more sacrifice and oblation ceased (vs.27). The sacrificial worship of the Old Testament was gone and disappeared some 2000 years ago with the death of Jesus Christ.
The sacrifice of the blood of animals in the Old Testament was replaced by the blood of Jesus Christ. The sacrifice of animals' blood had to be renewed yearly whereas the blood of Jesus was once and for all. Jesus paid the price of atonement for our sins. Once a person is dead, he cannot resurrect by himself.
HOW TO RECOGNISE THE MESSIAH
A. The New Covenant
B. Atoning Blood of Christ
C. Witnesses Confirmed that the Messiah had come
D. Christ as Creator
E. Christ as King of kings and Lord of Lords
F. The Father Bears Witness
G. Rabbi reveals the Name of the Messiah
A. THE NEW COVENANT
The New Covenant was confirmed by Jesus Christ in the Last Supper when Jesus offered the cup, saying, "This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me (1 Cor. 11:24-25). The New Covenant replaced the Old Covenant in the sacrifices and oblation of animals to atone for the sins of the people. The Holy Spirit was poured down into the hearts of the believers dwelling in them so long as they believed and observed the commandments of God.
- Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
- But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
1 Corinthians 11:24-25
- And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
- After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
- Now the God of peace, that brought again from the death of our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the peace, through the blood of the everlasting covenant.
- But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.
- For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
- For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah
- And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abe
B. ATONING BLOOD OF CHRIST
- For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
- Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
- Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
- How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
C. WITNESSES CONFIRMED THAT THE MESSIAH HAD COME
There were many witnesses of Messiah appearance: An angel, Simeon, a just and devout man, Andrew the apostle, Jesus Himself, and the devils,
- For unto you is born this day in the city of David, a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
Luke 2:26-32 - Witnessing of Simeon
- And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ (vs 26).
- And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law (vs 27).
- Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word: (vs 29).
- For mine eyes have seen thy salvation (vs 30).
John 1:41 - Andrew, the apostle
- He (Andrew) first findeth his own brother Simon, and saith unto him, We have found the Messias, which is, being interpreted, the Christ.
John 4:25-26 - Jesus admitted it Himself
- The woman saith unto him, I know that Messiah cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.
- Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.
John 6:14 - Men admitted after the miracle of Feeding of the Five Thousand.
- Then those men, when they had seen the miracle that Jesus did, said, This is of a truth that prophet that should come into the world.
John 8:28 - Jesus
- When you have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.
John 11:27 - Martha said after the death of Lazarus
- She saith unto him, Yea Lord I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.
Luke 4:41 Devils admitted Jesus as Christ
- And devils also came out of many, crying out, and saying, Thou art Christ the Son of God.
Acts 9:22 - Saul (Paul) said of Jesus
- But Saul increased the more in strength, and confounded the Jews which dwelt at Damascus, proving that this is very Christ.
Acts 17:3 - Paul preached at Thessalonica
- And that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.
1 John 5:1
- Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God:
D. CHRIST AS CREATOR
- All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
1 Corinthians 8:6
- But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
- And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ.
- For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him.
- God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets.
- Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds.
E. CHRIST AS KING OF KINGS & LORD OF LORDS
1 Timothy 6:15
- Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
- And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood.
- These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.
- And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
F. THE FATHER BEARS WITNESS
- ,And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son in whom I am well pleased.
- While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased: hear ye him. (Jn.5:32.37).
- I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.
1 John 5:9
- If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.
G. RABBI reveals the Name of the Messiah
Israel Today wrote the amazing headline story about Rabbi Yitzchak Kaduri who died at the age of 108 years on January 28, 2006. Shortly before he died he wrote on a note the name of the Messiah which was sealed and not to be revealed until a year later. His son revealed that Kaduri was talking and dreamed about the Messiah and that the Messiah had appeared before him. On April 30. 2007, the note which was sealed for a year was opened and revealed the name of the Messiah was Yehoshua, Yeshua, the Hebrew word of Salvation or Jesus. Kaduri revealed that the Messiah was coming very soon, but not before the death of Ariel Sharon. His followers were very confused by the revelation.
Ultra Orthodox Jewish leading teacher Kaduri was a highly esteemed, righteous man and his funeral was attended by more than 200,000 people. This revelation of Rabbi Kaduri was not reported in the local Jewish newspapers except Israel Today. Hopefully, this story will stir the hearts of the millions of Jews who are still uncommitted to Christianity.
It is a mystery why God had chosen an Ultra Orthodox Jewish Rabbi to reveal the name of the Messiah, which was contrary to the rule. Ultra Orthodox Jews are very opposed to Christianity, and God had chosen a 108 year old Ultra Orthodox Rabbi to open the hearts of the Jews. Time is running short and the Jewish nation is slow to accept Christianity with less than 10% Christians whereas the general world population is close to 33% Christians.
One Messanic rabbi said he was not worried about the figures for he quoted the Bbile which stated that until the fulness of the gentile Christians be full, the Jews would still be blind.
- For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
The Messiah Has Come
Many Jews do not believe the Messiah has come, but do you?See results without voting
Comments 14 comments
- Twin Messiahs
The concept of the Messiah has its own peculiar twist amongst Karaites. What I'm about to describe in this hub is derived from an ancient belief that I'm aware a large number of my fellow Karaites don't even...
- The Promised Messiah
Is Jesus the promised Messiah spoken of Old Testament Scriptures?
- Is Jesus Really the Messiah
***This is inspired by Lee Strobel's Case for Christ. Question: Name who this quote is referring to and where it can be found: All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned - every one - to his own...
© 2011 einron
More by this Author
Esther, an orphan Jew became the queen of a vast empire. She saved the whole nation of Jews from death. The Jews still celebrate Purim in honour of Esther.
Longans are good for leg cramps and rapid heart beat. Could be due to Electrolyte imbalances. Longan contains several vitamins and minerals, including iron, magnesium, phosphorus and potassium, and large amounts...
Purdue researchers found that leaves from the Graviola tree killed six human-cell lines. Especially effective against prostate and pancreatic cancer cells. Read why big pharmaceutical companies do not manufacture...