Top Ten Ways to Survive for Days
Three Essentials to Survival
This is a great guide to survival, you can survive for days, but if you to do your homework the night before and tell someone where you are going camping or trekking. This will save you weeks of being lost.
My husband says there are the three basic things that a person should keep on them at all times, they are your core to survival. They need to be small enough to not be a hindrance on you so that you can keep them with you all the time.
- A Knife
- Fire Starter
These things work together too, because if you break down in the woods, and you have your flashlight, you can use the flashlight to find firewood then once you get a fire going you can use your knife to cut a small tree limb trunk and use your fire to help you make a spear to protect yourself.
You have your three things to sustain life:
There are myriads of ways to find food, and water plus make shelters, in different weather condition's. Below are examples
Spindle and fire board
How to find water video
How to make a drill fire Beginners (long video)
- Passive Dew Condensers made of plastic
Plastemart provides technical Information, literature and articles related to plastics industry, market reports, industry scenario, machinery, latest processing technology and recent developments in plastic raw materials and additives
- How to Survive in the Woods: 14 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow
How to Survive in the Woods. Ever been on a hike admiring the wild flowers, gazing up at the tips of the trees--and suddenly found yourself completely alone and lost? What would happen to you if you couldn't find your way back to safety?...
TEN WAYS TO SURVIVE
We will start with your Essentials you need to have these things to survive. Please try to get these things accomplished.
1.Knife: Keeping a knife with on you at all times is very handy and will save in in an emergency situation, like a little Swiss army knife that you can clip on your pocket seam you hardly can tell it is in your pocket. one of the best things you can do is add a flint fire starter on your knife.
2. Water you need to find a water source within 24 hours after that you start to dehydrate, YES you can survive up to 3 days without water, but by the 3rd day you are delirious and drunk feeling from dehydration. (not in a good way to make life changing decisions) water can be from rain and plants you eat too. You will need 2 quarts of water a day. Please bring water with you on ANY trip you go on. DO NOT drink your own urine the salt content is too high, its like drinking sea water which is just as bad. Get a sheet of plastic and put it out at night and in the morning collect the dew. You will probably want to sanitize all water by bringing it to a boil. with your fire. That way you do not get diarrhea and die of dehydration the other way.
3. Fire: You can use a magnifying glass if its sunny, but flint and steel are great because you can get a fire going pretty quick, BUT you need to practice with before hand maybe at a campfire evening try to get one going with it. you'll see what I am talking about. You need tinder to get it going.
- Put a zip-lock bag with Vaseline covered cotton balls in your backpack or glove box for emergency fuel for a fire.
- You can also use a bag of corn chips for fire starter too.
- Honestly a book of matches is ten times better than flint and steel, add a fish hook and line in the matchbook and you can catch dinner too.
- I use the waterproof matches tinder and hook and line and put them in a used Airborne bottle, its waterproof and floats and keep it in your back pack always.
- Flint and steel, you can buy these in any store with fishing and hunting supplies.
4. Shelter we will show you how to get shelters in several environments, locations preferences etc.Always make shelter before dark so you can get comfortable while there is still some light.Tarps, extra rain jackets draped over a lean-too are really nice for keeping out rain. Hypothermia kills more people because they think they can survive in the cold and die in the night, wrap up in whatever you got and with whomever is with you. Protect yourself from rain, cold, heat and insects. BTW Red Cedars are a natural insect repellent tree.
5.Flashlight: Having a pen flashlight on you at all times is very helpful at night to help you make your way out of the woods in the dark, or find firewood in an emergency. A one battery flashlight is easy to carry with you the kind that uses one triple A battery, they usually last me 2 months.
6. Security, spears, knives, barriers, secure your borders find an empty cave by a stream. protect your self with a lean to and a fire.
7. Do not Panic and stay by your car, it will save you because it is a big target in the woods. If you cannot get back to your car try to just survive where you are at until help arrives, or you can try to camp near water, if its not a flood zone.
8. Food you can live 3 weeks without food, BUT you will be ready to eat worms by day 3 from being so hungry. (and by the way are a natural source of protein) most places have worms. Did you know dandelion leaves taste like spinach and they are an excellent source of vitamins another source of food, it kinda also goes with security too. Traps, and spears and knife on a spear to catch fish too. Dead fall Snare and a Switch -up snare will get you some dinner in a pinch.
9. Develop alternate fire making skills learn to make a matchless fire with a bow drill, and The Two Man Friction Drill, Learn how to make a Pump Fire Drill these three methods are great tools you should try and practice each one this summer while camping.
10. Keep a map and compass and learn how to use them. The sun rises in the East and sets in the West. at night you can find the north star practice finding it on a clear night.
How to make a fire
- Use a nightlight or chem light as a necklace.Dollar store glow lights will work for one evening you can grab up several to light a path at night. p.s. we used these for sledding at night too :)
- cording and plastic bottles work great for all kinds of stuff in any situation, plastic bottles can be used for catching minnows, using it as a condenser for water, and catch rainwater to drink and a cooking container for water for sanitation.
- Wrap duck tape around a lighter to help for incidentals.
More by this Author
are you sad? , I am sad, The teardrop poems ,
modeling and fashion, evening gowns and how to wear them in a beauty pageant
influential women in America , tops ten influential women American history , born before 1930, famous women in history presidents wives , Annie Oakley