Carp Fishing Tips and Secrets from the Proffessionals
Here you will find more carp fishing tips and recommendations than anywhere else on the internet. These are a compilation of tips that have been tweeted and shared on twitter from @Carp_Tips and his followers. Carp_Tips is designed to get you thinking actively throughout the year and help to improve your catch rate, so take some time to enjoy the huge list of carp fishing tips that I share with you on this page. Enjoy.
- Try liquidising maggots with a blender and add the liquid to a small pellet feeding feeding mix. Stick a maggot on your hook, bait up and get ready! Just make sure that you don't let your Mrs catch you using her blender!
- Mix it up! If your local water is becoming hard then try rarely sed baits lik mussels, slugs and snails. Carp love 'em!
- Don't neglect the neglected areas! Spring sun can be warm, so keep an eye on margins, shelves and quiet bays for resting carp.
- Make sure your bite alarms have drop back feature or you risk missing bites.
- Bakers meaty chunkdog biscuits are spuerb for fishing off te top. Carp love 'em and they stay on the hook nicely. They are quite proflific.
- Don't be shy to use unusual baits. Followers of Carp_Tips have caught fish on jelly babbies, strawberrys, grapes, sausages and even juicy fruit chewing gums!
- Aim to limit the use of fishmeal boilies when fishing silt as they take on the smell of the surrounding lakebed and become less attractive!
- As the weather warms natural baits start to enter the water, e.g. flies and worms. It's a good time to try a worm on the hook.
- Check your hooks are sharp and make sure that you change regularly especially in winter months as there's lots of debris from the trees and the surrounds that are falling into the water.
- Carp love the taste of salty foods, try adding salt to your baits throughout the year. Approx 1 tablespoon to 5 litres of dry particles.
- Winter rig choice - Finesse is the key word! The lighter the tacklethe more you will catch = it's a fact.
- Use small PVA mesh as oppose to PVA bags in winter because it mels quicker in the cold water.
Polarized Sunglasses- Catch More Fish!
- Try adding marmite to your hook bait. It is full of salt and yeast and carp love it!
- When margin float fishing for carp try a worm cocktail with a single grain of corn to give the hookbait a bit of colour as well as movement.
- Be sure to use different sized pellets when making up your spod mix. This helps to confused the carp and gives you the option to use various sizes on the hook, whilst keeping the carp in confusion!
- Limit the use of fishmeal boilies when fishing on silt as they tend to take on the smell of the surrounding lake bed and become less attractive to carp.
- A rubbish bait is better than a good bait, when it's in the right location.
- When method feeding fold the rig into the feed leaving a small part of the rig showing leaving the bait tangle free and well presented.
- A good pair of polarised glasses can really help in finding where the carp are lerking. It could make an average day into a prolific one.
- Prawns can be a killer bait for catching carp.
- Fresh boilies are always better than shelf life ones. Many fisherman have noticed their catch rates decreasing in recent years. Did you stop to wonder whether the shelf-life boilies might be the reason?
- If your fishing shallow water or shallow margins then a line clip will keep your line resting on the bottom of the lake and will stop fish being spooked from your bait.
- Bait boats will offer you precision casting and allow you access to fish areas that you can't normally cast to. In these areas the fish are more confident and will feed more freely meaning more catches for you!
POST YOUR TIPS TO @CARP_TIPS ON TWITTER, and it will be added to this page!
Bait Boats for Precision Baiting - Catch More!
More Specialist Tips
- Tench Fishing Tips
Tench Fishing Tips, Tench Fishing can be one of the most rewarding types of fishing but at the same time one of the hardest types. How to catch tench tips and secrets. Where to catch tench tips. Matt Hayes
- Bream Fishing Tips & Secrets
Bream Fishing is one of the most under rated types of fishing going. You often see anglers on the side of a lake that are actually annoyed that they have caught a bream rather than a carp! I for one find this...
- Unusual Carp Fishing Baits - Proven Methods | Ideas ...
Carp Fishing Intro If you have found this page, then you - just like me are most probably a carp fishing addict! Always looking for that extra little tip, trick, or bait that might give you the edge next time you make it down to the fishing lake....
- Catch Big Perch Fishing Tips
It seems the typical angler these days prefers to fish for big carp - but not all. A 4lb specimen perch can be as much as an achievement to many anglers as it would be to catch a 30lb carp. Using lighter tackle and catching these little predators...
- Roach Fishing Tips & Secrets
It is unusual for someone to be targetting just roach whilst fishing, but there are plenty of people that do, in search for a good size roach! We all know that roach do not reach the sizes that carp, tench and bream reach... but we also realise that.
- Carp Fishing in Winter - Tips and Secrets
Carp Fishing Tips and Secrets 1) Baits - A very important part of fishing. Many Fisheries will not allow tiger nuts, but if you can find any that do, then use them.. they can be an excellent bait -...Carp Tips. Winter Fishing. Winter Tips. Plastic Ba
- Night Fishing Tips and Secrets
If you are a keen angler that really enjoys fishing for big fish; the chances are that you will do a spot of night fishing here or there, or at least probably have done in the past. Perhaps some of you have...
More by this Author
Keen fisherman? If so you are probably a little bit like me. No matter what the advice you are given, you ignore it and fish even if your chances of catching are more than slim! So when is the best time to fish for...
Carp Fishing Intro If you have found this page, then you - just like me are most probably a carp fishing addict! Always looking for that extra little tip, trick, or bait that might give you the edge next time you make...
Before we start, take a look at the picture on the right. It is the poster for Derren Brown - Svengali. Stare at the picture for 10 seconds or so, focusing on the stage area. Then continue reading through the page, but...
No comments yet.