20 Impact Freshmen, Juco Transfers and Transfers of the 2010 SEC Football Conference
Impact Freshmen and Juco Transfer
2010 Freshmen, Juco Transfers and Transfers of SEC
Every year the SEC is replenish with new talent whether it be incoming freshmen that are highly recruited or the top junior college players or like this year in particular the SEC got a big transfer from the Pac 10. Here are 20 of the incoming freshmen, juco transfers and that one major tranfer of the 2010 season. These players are expected to see major playing time and some may even be the leader of the team. So be looking out for these guys when the college football season starts.
1. QB Cameron Newton - Jr (Auburn) - will be the starting quarterback for Auburn, he is the perfect fit for Auburn's spread offense attack.
2. DE Ronald Powell - Fr (Florida) - most celebrated recruit to come to the Gators since Tim Tebow
3. QB Jeremiah Masoli - Sr (Ole Miss) - kicked off Oregon team for getting arrested twice this summer, but get to redeem his self at Ole Miss where he should start
4. DT Sharrif Floyd - Fr (Florida) - #3 ranked Defensive lineman coming out of high school, is expected to see alot of action this year
5. RB Michael Dyer - Fr (Auburn) - compared to Emmit Smith enough said
6. CB DeMarcus Milliner - Fr (Alabama) - very highly touted recruit that may see action early for the Crimson Tide
7. CB Dequan Menzie - Jr (Alabama) - juco transfer that will see plenty of action and will have a chance to start on opening day
8. WR Trovon Reed - Fr (Auburn) - #5 wide receiver coming out of high school, should see action for the Tigers early
9. RB Marcus Lattimore - Fr (South Carolina) - #1 ranked running back by all the recruiting sites
10. DT Dominique Easley - Fr (Florida) - should help out defensive line for the Gators this year
11. QB Matt Simms - Jr (Tennessee) - will compete for starting job at Tennessee
12. QB Tyler Bray - Fr (Tennessee) - shoule compete for starting job at Tennessee
13. RB Vick Ballard - Jr (Miss. State) - #16 ranked juco transfer, should start at running back for Bulldogs
14. SS Matt Elam - Fr (Florida) - will get on the field in nickel packages and special teams
15. QB Trey Burton - Fr (Florida) - might be the 2006 version of Tim Tebow for the Gators
16. TE Alex Smith - Fr (Kentucky) - #12 ranked tight end coming out of high school
17. WR Da'Rick Rogers - Fr (Tennesse) - #4 ranked wide receiver coming out of high school
18. FB Ladarius Phillips - Fr (Auburn) - should give the Tigers a physical rushing attack in the spread offense
19. CB Joshua Shaw - Fr (Florida) - will be competing for a starting job at corner for Florida
20(a). DT James Cameron - Jr (Miss. State) - #10 ranked juco transfer recruit
20(b). DE Wayne Dorsey - Jr (Ole Miss) - should start at defensive end for Ole Miss
More by this Author
The SEC has won 8 national championship in the last 10 years with Alabama leading the way with 4 titles ('09 '11 '12 '15) , Florida 2 ('06 '08), Auburn 1 ('10) and LSU 1 ('07).
We already think that these teams should compete for championships: Alabama, Clemson, Florida State, Oklahoma, Michigan, Ohio State and LSU. But who will be taking that next step to contend.
No comments yet.