40 Fact About Indian Premier League
With IPL fourth season set to roar from 8th of April, Here are few reminders of world most popular cricketing extravaganza.
1. Rajasthan Royals is the winner of the IPL first edition (2008).
2. Chennai Super Kings (CSK) is the only team to reach semi finals of previous 3 editions.
3. CSK Captain MS Dhoni is the only captain to win IPL and Champions League in same year, 2010.
4. CSK has won maximum number of matches in all three editions, winning 25 out of 43 games.
5. Rajasthan Royals holds the record of 9 match win streak.
6. IPL second edition was won by the Deccan Chargers (DC).
7. Deccan Charger also holds the record for 6 match losing streak.
8. Brendum McCullum of Kochi Tuskers scored the first IPL century, then playing from Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR).
9. Brendum McCullum is also highest scorer in a single game, scoring 158 runs.
10. Yusuf Pathan of KKR scored fastest century versus MI, then playing from Rajasthan Royals.
11. Shaun Marsh of Punjab Kings XI is the highest run getter in single IPL edition, scoring 616.
12. Sachin Tendulkar is the highest run getter of the IPL 3rd edition, scoring more than 500 runs in 13 matches.
13. Pardeep Sangwan of Kolkata Knight Rider (KKR) is the youngest IPL player ever, he debut in IPL at the age of 17 playing from Delhi Daredevils (DD).
14. Deccan Charger’s Pragyan Ojha is the only player to score zero in two consecutive innings.
15. Adam Gilchrist is the first player to score 1000 runs in IPL.
16. Royal Challenger's Manish Pandey is the first Indian player to score century in IPL.
17. Adam Gilchrist and VVS Laxman holds the record for highest partnership, 152 versus Mumbai Indians.
18. Suresh Raina is the only player to score more than 400 runs in all three editions of IPL.
19. Brendum McCullum scored maximum number of sixes in a match, 13 versus Bangalore Royal Challengers.
20. CSK has scored maximum number of sixes as a team, 17 versus Rajasthan Royals
21. CSK has the highest team score in a single IPL inning 246/5 versus Punjab Kings XI.
22. Mumbai Indians won the game by highest run margin in IPL history, by 87 runs versus KKR.
23. RP Singh of Deccan Chargers is the highest wicket taker in the IPL history with 41 wickets.
24. CSK captain MS Dhoni is the first Indian origin Captain to win the IPL tournament.
25. There were 8 teams in the first edition, with latest auction there are now 10 teams playing in IPL.
26. Kochi Tuskers and Pune Warriors will play first time in any of the IPL tournaments.
27. Rajasthan Royals (RR) also holds the record for most wins in single IPL edition (IPL 2008),
28. Sohail Tanvir of Rajasthan Royals is the highest wicket taker in an IPL tournament.
29. RR Captain Shane Warne is the only player who coaches his team also.
30. IPL is one of the top 4 the world most costly leagues.
31. Kerrion Pollard of the Mumbai Indians (MI) is the highest paid cricketer in previous three IPL editions. He got paid 12 Crores approx 3 million $US.
32. MS Dhoni, Captain of CSK is the first non icon player to get paid more than 1.5 $dollars.
33. KKR is the only team to have not qualified in Semifinals of single IPL edition.
34. Deccan Charger’s Pragyan Ojha is the only player to score zero in two consecutive innings.
35. Yuvraj Singh is the only player to take Hat tricks two times.
36. CSK is the only team to have own comic series.
37. IPL games have been played over 15 grounds till 3rd edition.
38. IPL is one of the few leagues broadcasted in more than 200 countries.
39. IPL second edition was played in South Africa, 2009.
40. IPL also dealt with Google to broadcast their matches online on YouTube.
More by this Author
101 Things To When No Electricity I really amused, when people say oh no i was having so much fun and what power off! But if you look back in your childhood, you might be more happier person than now. You wait for...
1. Shut Up 2. Shush 3. I will give ten dollars keep quiet 4. Is there any point for this? 5. Is there any mental asylum 6. I am sorry I asked you 7. Okay I get it 8. OMG! Stop Taking! 9. I hope you get...