Bass Fishing Secrets
World Record Bass
Bass Fishing Tips and Techniques - Skeet Reese fishing a jig on Clear Lake
Basic Techniques of Bass Fishing
World Record Bass , He's Closer Than You Think
Yes that new World Record Bass is probably closer than you think. Its very likely in fact that he's lurking somewhere in a farm pond near you. Yes a farm pond. If you know where one is that has had a bass population for 25 years or longer there may very well be a new world record bass waiting in a farm pond near you for you to catch.
You need a healthy pond with a bass population that has been there for 25 years or more. If you can find a farm pond that meets that criteria then the chances are good that a very heavy bass is lurking there in the farm pond for you. Now him being there and you catching him is another thing entirely. You can often talk to a farmer that owns the farm pond and get permission to fish. And if you ask he just might tell you where the big bass hang out in his pond and what they have been caught on before.
And research is very important when fishing for bass. I would suggest keeping a notebook and writing down things you observe on certain farm ponds. If your really serious about catching that new world record bass from a farm pond you will want to make notes as to weather conditions and what type of bait you catch bass on in that particular farm pond. You may even want to keep a thermometer and barometer with you and make notes when you have a time of good to great fishing. If the bass bite today under particular conditions they will most likely bite again when the conditions are similar. So be sure to keep those records so you will know when the next big bass is likely to bite.
Bass Fishing Tips
1. Remember to fish slowly and fish the areas of a pond or lake where a bass is likely to be laying. If you caught a bass at a certain spot before the chances are good that you can catch one in the same spot again.
2. If the hits or bites stop or slow down you should slow down also. Are you fishing your lure to fast. Make sure to keep your rod tip down and remember to fish your lures so they look natural when they are moving thru the water.
3. Always be sure to check the weather forecast. Is a front expected to move thru your area. Bass often bite with temperature changes. Know your weather. And keep safety in mind. If lighting from a storm is near go home and fish another day or after the storm passes. Always think safety first.
4. Watch the actions of the baitfish on any lake or pond you are fishing on. Big Bass often give away their position 90 % of the time. If you see Bass feeding on baitfish try to match your bait up to what the bass are feeding on. This is one reason for having a well stocked tackle box.
5. Remember to set your hook on a fish by feel rather than looking. You should be able to tell when you get a hard strike and you want to set the hook so that big bass doesn't get away.
6. Keep your lure in front of that fish as long as you can and remember to keep that rod tip down. Make sure to check your line often near your lure especially if the lure is bumping over rocks. You don't want a frayed line to let the big bass get away.
7. Shadows especially on small farm ponds scare fish. Yes even your shadow or even clouds passing by overhead can spook bass. How do you think that bass got that big in the first place. He was very careful not to get eaten by a larger fish. In some small farm ponds I have had to crawl up to the edge of the farm pond and cast over the edge to get the big bass to bite.
8. If you see bass feeding on baitfish switch to a fast moving crank bait and move it quickly through the area where you saw the fish feeding for some quick hits by some big bass hopefully.
9. Store your loose hooks with a few grains of rice and they will never rust. This is the perfect thing to use those empty baby-food jars for.
10. Wearing a pair of polarized sunglasses is good two ways for your fishing experience. The sunglasses will protect your eyes in case of an accident and they will make it easier for you to see the fish in some ponds and lakes also.
Feel Free To Post A Comment About Bass Fishing Now. What's The Biggest Bass You Have Ever Caught?
More by this Author
You have to make sure that your deer hunting area has deer but you also need to find areas that have fewer hunters. If you know of a remote deer hunting spot with plenty of deer then that is where you need to go. But in...
- 21Bowhunting Whitetail Deer , Archery Hunting Tips. Delicious Deer Sausage Recipe, Venison Chili Recipe And Deer Jerky.
Have you ever bagged a whitetail deer with a bow and arrow? If not and your thinking about it then you need to read on. One of the most important things you need to do is to prepare yourself before you take a bow and...
If you want to know exactly how to grow a vegetable garden here is all the information you will ever need.