Best 15 Matchups of week 10 College Football
Impact Players of Week 10
Most Intriguing Matchups of Week 10
It is week 10 of the college football season and this will be a big weekend conference games that are huge for all of the top 8 conferences on college football. There are twenty teams still that can win there conferences even if they already have one loss and there are a couple of two and three loss teams in the mix as well as college football get more interested on the BCS rankings. The big flaw the bcs has is that out the top 20 teams in the bcs only a few have played each other, other than playing teams that are in your on conference. Boise State has a win over Virginia Tech (which can still win the ACC), Arizona beat Iowa, Utah beat Pittsburgh (which can still win the Big East), TCU and Boise State have a win over Oregon State, who can control there own destiny in the Pac 10. Ohio State has a win over Miami,fl and Oklahoma beat Florida State, which can still win the ACC with some help. Other than that most of the losses are losses within the conference. Here are my top matchups for this weekend that are huge on how this season can shape out.
1. Alabama (7-1) at LSU (7-1) - The have to travel to Baton Rouge for a big time SEC West showdown. The winner of this game has the upper hand only on one another as Alabama still have face (Miss. State and Auburn) ahd LSU having to still face (Arkansas). So Tigers really need this one having already loss to Auburn.
2. Arizona (7-1) at Stanford (7-1) - This game is huge as well as Arizona can get a win would set up a potential showdown with Oregon for a possible Pac 10 title game. But Stanford is very much alive in the Pac 10 title hunt as well.
3. Baylor (6-2) at Oklahoma State (7-1) - These two teams control there on destiny especially the winner of this game. Both teams still have to face Oklahoma, however. It will interesting how the winner of this game handles some attention.
4. TCU (9-0) at Utah (8-0) - The winner of this game will probably be the winner of the Mountain West. So this is basically a conference championship slash possible BCS bowl birth matchup.
5. (Thurs.) Virginia Tech 28, Georgia Tech 21 - The Hokies beat the Yellowjackets Thursday night. The Hokies control there on destiny but will need Florida State or NC State to win out and play in the ACC title game.
6. NC State (6-2) at Clemson (4-4) - The Wolfpack control there on destiny from here on out the ACC play and it will start by going on the road the Death Valley to face a Clemson team in need of a win.
7. Arkansas (6-2) at South Carolina (6-2) - This is huge game for both teams with Arkansas in need of vicory to at least get back into SEC West contention and South Carolina needing win to still have chance to win the SEC East. The Gamecocks will still have to beat Florida, that is if the Gators don't slip up in Nashville this weekend.
8. Missouri (7-1) at Texas Tech (4-4) - The Tigers are still in the hunt for a Big 12 title game but will need Nebraska to lose on the way but the still control what ahead of them and that is trip to Lubbock where the Red Raiders will looking for the upset.
9. Oklahoma (7-1) at Texas A&M (5-3) - The Sooners still control there on destiny as the still have everything to play for. It starts by going the College Station facing coming off winning there last two game after dropping three in a row.
10. Oregon State (5-3) at UCLA (3-5) - Oregon State still can win the Pac 10 if they win out. This is game one going on the road to face a up and down UCLA squab.
Here five other key matchups of the weekend.
Central Florida (6-2) at Houston (5-3)
Louisville (4-4) at Syracuse (6-2)
Northwestern (6-2) at Penn State (5-3)
Maryland (6-2) at Miami,fl (5-3)
Hawaii (6-2) at Boise State (8-0)
More by this Author
The SEC has won 8 national championship in the last 10 years with Alabama leading the way with 4 titles ('09 '11 '12 '15) , Florida 2 ('06 '08), Auburn 1 ('10) and LSU 1 ('07).
We already think that these teams should compete for championships: Alabama, Clemson, Florida State, Oklahoma, Michigan, Ohio State and LSU. But who will be taking that next step to contend.
No comments yet.