Best Commuter Bikes
Inexpensive Bikes for Commuting
Commuting by bike is a good way to save money, exercise, and save the environment, all at the same time. Yet, many bicycling forums and cycling web sites have enthusiastic cyclists who often look down upon bicycles costing less than $1,000. However, in fact many of the best commuter bicycles can be purchased for less than $1,000 -- and many affordable bikes for commuting are for sale for under $500. This hub will help you find the best bike for commuting by bicycle.
Commuter Bicycles Under $500
Unless you will be locking your bike up inside your office building, it is often a good thing to have a cheap commuter bicycle -- so that you do not attract thieves. So, here are some cheap commuter bikes for under five hundred dollars:
- Schwinn Crest bikes for around $350 -- here are the men's bike and the women's bike
- Kona Smoke Bike (available for $399).
- Electra Townie 7D (available for $399) and add the optional Electra Townie Fenders.
- Breezer Uptown EX (7 Speed) available for for $429
- Scott Sub 40 Bike available for $499
Commuter Bicycles Less Than $1000
Are you o.k. spending more than $500, but still interested in a moderately priced commuter bicycle? If so, these commuter bikes under a thousand dollars are a little more upscale without breaking the bank:
Jamis Commuter 2 Bike available for $585
- Women's Electra Townie with 24 Speeds, lights and rack available for $699
- Electra Ticino 8D available for $799
- Novara Fusion bike available for $899
Finding the Best Commuter Bikes
After reading this article, if someone insists that you need an expensive commuter bike, you can tell them that you know of nine good commuter bicycles under $900 -- and five of them are actually under $500. You really don't have to spend more than a thousand dollars to buy affordable commuter bicycles and to enjoy the benefits of commuting to work by bike.
Please Share YourComments
No comments yet.