Rey “Boom Boom” Bautista defeats Daniel Ruiz
Bautista won the vacant WBO Featherweight Title
Saturday, Oct. 20, 2012 Boxing result: In the undercard matches Rey "Boom Boom" Bautista defeated Daniel Ruiz of Mexico by split decision. Bautista won the vacant WBO International Featherweight Title. Daniel Ruiz was a cleaned puncher but Bautista showed more aggressiveness resulting in a close fight. Now Bautista is looking forward for a possible World Title Eliminator.
Bautista KOs wrong foe
March 3, 2012: Rey Bautista knocks out Mexican Challenger Genaro "Panterita" Garcia amidst a throng of 30,000 boxing spectators in his hometown of Bohol. Bautista floored his Mexican opponent in round 2 after dealing him 2 hard hooks to the body. Then a right cross finished Garcia as he attempted to get up.
Referee Bruce Mctavish counted Garcia out at 1:24.
Thus Bautista defended his IBF International Featherweight title.
Bautista fought the wrong opponent. ALA Boxing Promotions discovered their Mexican agent sent them the wrong boxer. Genaro “Panterita” Garcia with a boxing record of 10 wins, 11 losses arrived in Bohol, instead of the contracted boxer Genaro “Poblanito” Garcia, who has a professional record of 38 wins, 8 losses, with 22 knockouts, according to PhilBoxing.com.
Bautista TKOs Indonesian Marangin "Dinamita" Marbun
MOTHBALLED for almost a year because of a hand injury, Rey "Boom-Boom" Bautista entered once more the boxing ring with a definite purpose in mind to win. He did win after exchanging thunderous punches with his foe Indonesian Marangin "Dinamita" Marbun. In Round 7 at exactly 1:25 Boom-Boom saw the opportunity. With a thundering right, he defused the "Dinamita" Marbun to the canvass; earning for Bautista the mandatory TKO win. Rey "Boom-Boom" Bautista is now the current WBO International Featherweight Champion.
Tickets refunded; case for investigation
ALA Promotions CEO Michael Aldeguer ruled that Pinoy Pride XII be made a free public event while those who have already bought tickets will get their refund because of this mix-of.
Aldeguer said he’ll have this case investigated. He likewise said Panterita will collect his fight purse.
Supporting boxing events:
- Genesis Servania won by unanimous decision versus Kenyan Nick Otieno, 10 rounds,
- Jason Pagara defeated Indonesian Frans Yarangga by TKO in the 2nd round.
- Michael Domingo knocked out compatriot Marvin Tampus in the 1st round
Boxing results Jan, 29, 2011: Barrera loses to Bautista
BARRERA trained well to the extent of having sparred with Daniel Ponce de Leon. . He was able to pinpoint Bautista's weakest parts, his "glass chin" which according to him was Boom-Boom's waterloo.
Barrera's team was all set to grab back the honor and prestige denied them last Aug. 28 (2010) where in the same arena Barrera lost by a controversial TKO decision. Barrera did show his boxing prowess in the first 2 rounds, with Bautista's chin in mind but the target proved elusive.
As luck would have it, while punches were flying here and there, both boxers were stunned when suddenly one of them buckled down the canvas. During the slo-mo, it was clear Boom-Boom vicious left hook had penetrated Barrera's right abdomen. Barrera writhed in pain and shoved the canvas with a glove to show his disgust.
Referee Bruce McTavish stepped in time to prevent Bautista from doing the kill.
Barrera managed a smile and hug Boom-Boom who was adjudged winner by knockout victory.which came at 2 minutes and 56 seconds of the 3rd round.
Ref.: Inquirer Sports, Bombo Radyo Philippines
Marjun Yap vs Pramuansak Posuwan; Czar Amonsot vs Jesus Musaka Singwancha, and Jason Pagara vs Decha Bankluaygym Kokietgym matches
- The Marjun Yap - Pramuansak Posuwan duel went the distance. But Yap prevailed by rendering Posuwan a TKO in the 10th round.
- Czar Amonsot won a 10-round unanimous decision over Jesus Musaka Singwancha- a boxer from Congo but is presently based in Thailand. The scorecards read 96-94, 98-92 and 97-93 all for Amonsot. Musaka was stripped of his WBO Asia-Pacific Jr. Lightweight Title by WBO Vice-President Leon Panuncillo for losing in this non-title bout.
- Jason Pagara, 17, with a fight record of 19-1-0-(8 ko's) of Cagayan De Oro, Philippines, won by unanimous decision over Decha Bankluaygym Kokietgym with a fight record of 41-10-3 (16 ko's). The scores: 96-94, 96-93 and 97-93 for Pagara.
Edison Berwela won by UD over Romnick Hoybia in a super bantamweight contest. Scorecards read: 39-35, 39-35 and 38-36 for southpaw Berwela.
- Light Flyweight Marjohn Macahilig won by 1st round knockout over Roque Lauro at 2:58.
- Fernando Okon won by UD in 6 rounds over Jomar Cordinillo in their Light Flyweight bout. The result: 58-56, 58-56 and 959-55 all for Okon.
- Jefferson Reodeque won by UD over Jr. Salvador in their 4-round Mini-Flyweight Contest. The scorecards read: 39-37 on all three judges.
The Fight Card billed as "HAMON SA KAMPEON" was held at the Waterfront Hotel in Cebu City last Friday- Oct 16 and co-promoted by ALA Promotions and the Kokiet group of Thailand.
Ref.:: Aug. 28 2010 results of fight Rey Bombom Bautista vs. Alejandro Zorrito Barrera
More by this Author
The pertinent kidney law in the Philippines is thoroughly discussed. Vital functions of the kidneys are explained.
Here's Sarah Balabagan life in UAE. She killed her employer in defense of her honor but was saved from punishment by blood money given by Gatchalian. Her songs reveal heartaches suffered by OFWs.
Basic information about pinworms, hookworms, threadworms and tapeworms. How to avoid them. Medicine for treatment.