Brooks PureFlow Running Shoes, One Word...Awesome!
Why the PureFlow is the way to go!
- Lightweight: These shoes are the lightest shoes I have ever owned. They weigh in at only 8.7oz. which is wonderful for a shoe that is built for distance running. The lightweight design aids in speeding up cadence and turnover. If faster times are what you are striving for, then this is the shoe for you. Since experience the Pureflow shoe, I have dropped my 5k time two minutes simply by putting them on.
- Comfort: I have tried lightweight shoes in the past and they have always lacked comfort. Pureflow doesn't skimp in this category it excels. I have talked with several runners around the area about these shoes, and the best description I heard about the comfort was, "They feel like I am putting on a pair of silk house slippers."
- Minimalist Style: The minimalist style of running is becoming very popular. The people at Brooks decided to jump on the band wagon. The Pureflow follows the minimalist design without all the problems. They take the good parts which allow for correcting foot strike like, flexible soles and the toe split to allow for more contact with the road while still providing plenty of cushion to log in the higher mileage. You won't get neanderthal feet by taking the Pureflow experience.
- Breathable Upper: The Pureflow has a wonderful mesh design that allows for maximum air flow. When you combine the breath-ability and the lightweight design foot sweat and blisters will be a thing of the past for you. With all the ventilation in the upper part of the shoes it will simulate barefoot running.
- Durable: Even though these shoes are lightweight and designed in the minimalist style, they are very durable. They are quoted at being able to handle 250-300 miles. I have logged around 150 miles so far, and I can see very little wear and tear. Brooks holds their shoes to the highest standards of durability and even though these are made with fewer materials and have a lightweight construction, they still delivered on the durability factor.
- Low Cost: The Brooks Pureflow was lauched Oct. 1, 2011. You can pick up a pair today for right around $90.00 plus tax. This is an excellent price for a high end running shoe. It is a much better deal than most of the other high end running shoe. Runner's World Magazine name the Brooks Pureflow running shoe, "A lightweight yet durable shoe that is a steal at this price." If you don't have a huge budget for your shoes, you need to try this one. Trust me, you won't be sorry.
- Awe Factor: You will not go unnoticed at your next race while sporting the Brooks Pureflow running shoes. Both your race time and your style will leave people at the starting line in awe. Everyone should take in the Pureflow experience. If you want lightweight, comfortable, breathable, minimalist shoes at a low price this is the shoe for you.
Are you ready for the Pureflow Experience?See results without voting
More by this Author
This is a review of my experience at the 2014 inaugural Rock and Roll Marathon in Raleigh, North Carolina.