Bushnell Elite 6500 Scope
Remember when rifle scope shopping was limited to just a handful of scopes, none of which were all that great? It wasn't that long ago, but, fortunately, today's market offers a varied array of selection ranging from simple to down right extravagant. If you've been hunting for long, you know that a scope has the ability to make or break your shot. One of the scopes that will definitely insure that you'll get the best possible view of your target is the Bushnell Elite 6500.
Bushnell's Elite 6500 series represents the top of the line of the company's current selection. When Bushnell does top of the line, they do it right. Models from the 6500 series provide very handy features:
- The optical lenses are fully multi-coated with Bushnell's 'Ultra Wide Band' coating to prevent glare.
- The scopes are top-coated with Rainguard HD. This is a patented water-repellent coating that makes moisture bead, similar to the wax on your car. It also significantly reduces the glare that sunlight may cause.
- The Elite scopes have 30mm tubes. Granted this adds weight, but it increases the overall strength and ultimately the adjustment range.
The Elite 6500 provides extended eye relief, a feature that big game hunters look for. For example, the 1.25x-8x-32mm model is intended for dangerous-game hunts. The scope has 6-inches of eye relief, which is helps for those shoulder killing, heavy loads used to harvest those 'less-than-friendly' animals.
The overall length and weight of the scope somewhat narrow the type of rifle you would want to use with this. You wouldn't want to mount this to your Ruger 10/22 by any means.
I've read several reviews of this scope, and no users are reporting any types of failures. The biggest deterrent is the price. Ringing up at over a thousand bucks, this is a premium scope and thus carries a premium price tag. If you're only use this for weekend deer hunting, this unit would probably be overkill. But if you're looking for something to attached to your AR-15 the next time you go buffalo hunting, this may what you're looking for.
Bushnell Elite 6500 1.25X-8X-32MM Specs:
- Type: variable-power riflescope
- Magnification: 1.25X-8X
- Objective Lens Diameter: 32mm
- Focusing Range: 1 yd.- ∞ (infinity)
- Eye Relief: 6" maximum
- Exit Pupil: 14mm @ 1.25X, 2.6mm @ 8X
- Field of View @ 100 Meters: 20 meters@ 1.25X, 3.2 meters @ 8X
- Coatings: fully multi-coated with Rainguard HD
- Dimensions: length, 11"' mounting space, 5.88"; weight, 15.8 ounces
- Construction: 30mm aluminum main tube; adjustment range, 75" @ 100 yards
- Accessories: pull-up turrents
- MSRP: $1,116
Elite 6500 on Amazon
More by this Author
A step-by-step guide, with pictures, detailing everything one needs to know to change the oil and oil filter in their 2004-2010 Nissan Titan.
An article discussing the history of the program, the coaches, the stadium, and every thing a fan needs to know about UT Football.
A comprehensive list of all the NCAA Rivalry Game Trophies available to win on EA Sports NCAA Football 2013.
No comments yet.