Buy A Mess Kit Online
The Perfect Mess Kit
When looking for a decent mess kit, it shouldn't be complicated.
Lets be perfectly honest. A mess kit is not a high precision piece of equipment. The whole reason you venture into the great outdoors is to get back to basics and enjoy the sights and sounds of the natural world.
What you are looking for is a simple, reliable collection of goods to make eating as painless as possible. A mess kit needs to be tough, easy to clean, lightweight and uncomplicated. That's about it. You don't want to be taking any extra weight or unnecessary equipment. The longer you are going to be away, the more important this will be. A mess kit doesn't need to look pretty, it just needs to do the job.
Mess Kit Features
What To Consider When Buying A Mess Kit
1) How Many People?: You can get a mess kit for one person or 6. If you have various trips with different numbers, the primary cooking pots will define the flexibility of any mess kit.
2) Material: this is where weight vs performance comes into play. What is most important to you? Plain aluminum is lightweight but hard to clean. Stainless steel is harder but heavier and a non-stick coating adds weight but make clean up so much quicker. What about tough yet light Titanium?
3) Composition: How many components do you need? A Pot and Fry Pan are the basics - do you need more than one and in multiple sizes. Does one handle fit every vessel?
4) Cost: Performanceand flexibility come at a cost. The more frequently you will be using a product, them more you will be willing to pay for it. For the occasional user, the inexpensive product is King.
Traditional Mess Kit
Economical Mess Kit
You get what you pay for but if you don't need much, why pay a lot?
If you just need the basics, this comes with a fry pan, pot with lid, bowl and cup. Basic Aluminum but also only $10.
A great budget option.
Mess Kit With Utensils
This 2 person kit also includes utensils made of extremely durable plastic. Still economical, this is perfect to kit out a couple off on a weekend camping trip or longer.
6 Person Mess Kit
Mess Kit for A Crowd
With three pots, two fry pans and even an eight cup coffee percolator, this is the mess kit to keep the masses happy.
Breakfast coffee is sure to be a highlight and everything can fit into the largest pot with the bigger of the two fry pans as the cover. 6 plates and cups are included making this the complete set for the larger group.
When weight and durability aren't the primary concern, this stylish mess set is a good option. If you are "Car Camping" and don't have far to go a few creature comforts are often appreciated.
This Upper Class Mess Kit will ensure that 4 people enjoy a more luxurious time in the great outdoors.
Mess Kit Feedback
Was This Article Helpful?See results without voting
No comments yet.
Mess Kit Review
Mess Kit and Cook Set
More Outdoor Articles
- Buy a FireSteel Online
When away from the comforts of home we all need the same basics requirements: Food, Water and Shelter. In any cold environment, fire can quickly be added to the list. The ability to start a fire can turn a...
- Buy a dry bag online - Waterproof Dry Bags by SealLi...
Water is one of the main reasons many people love the outdoors. Swimming in it, diving under it, boating over it or just taking in the view, water is a great part of nature. Unfortunately, where much of...
- Buy a Katadyn Water Filter Online - Water Purificati...
If your plan is to get lost in Asia or just camp rough overnight in the hills near home, safe drinking water is a necessity. Unfortunately water is a favourite bredding ground for bacteria and parasites and...
More by this Author
A Two Stage Revision is an operation performed to salvage an infected total knee replacement.
The simple trick guaranteed to stop those last few drops getting away!
It is human nature to assume that everyone sees you in the same light that you see yourself. It can come as quite a shock when there is a difference between these two perceptions. America's international standing...