Chicago Bears Football Trivia Questions
Think you know Chicago Bears football trivia? I’ve put together some sports trivia questions from the history of the Chicago Bears professional football team that I think any football fan would be interested in.
You may find some of these Chicago Bears trivia questions a little easier than some of the others, but I think you will find all of them to be challenging.
15 correct – You are a serious Chicago Bears fan. You are awarded two lifetime tickets from every NFL stadium so you will never miss an away game either. (Since we are making all of this up, let’s throw in travel too.)
11-14 correct – You are awarded two lifetime tickets to all home games.
6-10 correct – You get two tickets to this week’s game and show up to the stadium only to find out it’s an away game.
0-5 correct – The team locks you in a locker before the game.
Chicago Bears NFL Football Trivia Questions
1. What was the original name of the Chicago Bears?
2. What did George Halas pay to purchase the team from Staley?
3. What stadium did the Chicago Bears play their home games at up to and including the 1970 season?
4. The Bears won the very first NFL Championship in 1933. Who did they beat?
5. In the 1940 NFL Championship Game, the Bears beat the Washington Redskins in the most lopsided game in in NFL history. What was the score?
6. "Da Bears" and what other nickname is commonly used in reference to the Bears?
7. Who was the defensive coordinator during the Bears Super Bowl run of 1985?
8. What was the name of the defense he designed that helped the Bears have one of of the most dominating defenses of all time?
9. Who was this defense named for?
10. Who did the Bears beat for their only Super Bowl win?
11. What was the name of the rap song the team came up with during the 1985 season?
12. Who replaced Mike Ditka as head coach?
13. What was Gale Sayers’ nickname?
14. Who won the MVP award in the Bears Super Bowl win?
15. How many games did Walter Payton miss in his entire career?
Scroll down for Chicago Bears NFL Football Trivia answers.
1. The Bears were originally named the Decatur Staleys. This is because the A. E. Staley Company of Decatur, Illinois established the club in 1919 as a company team. The Decatur Staleys relocated to Chicago in 1921, where they were renamed the Chicago Staleys.
2. Halas purchased the rights to the club from Staley for $100. (He soon thereafter changed the team name to the Bears.)
3. The team played home games at Wrigley Field on Chicago's North Side through the 1970 season.
4. In the very first NFL Championship, the Bears defeated the New York Giants, 23–21.
5. The 73–0 victory over the favored Washington Redskins in the 1940 NFL Championship Game is still an NFL record for lopsided results.
6. The Monsters of the Midway.
7. The Chicago Bears defensive coordinator at that time was Buddy Ryan.
8. It was called the “46” defense and was comprised of four down linemen, three linebackers, and four defensive backs.
9. The name "46" originally came from the jersey number of Doug Plank, who was a starting safety for the Bears at that time.
10. They beat the New England Patriots, 46-10.
11. "The Super Bowl Shuffle".
12. Dave Wannstedt replaced Ditka and coached the Bears from 1993 through 1998.
13. Gale Sayers nickname was “The Kansas Comet”.
14. Defensive end Richard Dent was named the Most Valuable Player of the Super Bowl.
15. In 13 seasons, Payton missed only one game and it came in his rookie season of 1975.
More by this Author
Think you know Miami Dolphins football trivia? I’ve put together some sports trivia questions from the history of the Miami Dolphins professional football team. See how you do.
Think you know Dallas Cowboys football trivia? I’ve put together some sports trivia questions from the history of the Dallas Cowboys professional football team. Good luck!
Owning a classic car is great, but a lot of it depends on how well funded you are. Please read on to see some thoughts and photos of some terrific Ford, Chevy and Chrysler Corporation classic cars.
No comments yet.