FIFA World Cup winners-Brazil
World Cup Winners
Brazil,the mere mention of the footballing nation conjures up images of skill, stunning goals, beautiful free-flowing football and of course Pele.
Five times winners of the FIFA World Cup, they are the only team to play in every finals competition.
Brazil got to keep the Jules Rimet Trophy after their third triumph beating Italy at the Azteca stadium in the 1970 finals.
World cup Winning finals record
- 1958 Brazil 5-2 Sweden in Sweden
- 1962 Brazil 3-1 Czechoslovakia in Chile
- 1970 Brazil 4-1 Italy in Mexico
- 1994 Brazil 0-0 Italy Brazil 3-2 on penalties (aet.) in USA
- 2002 Brazil 2-0 Germany in Korea/Japan
- Federation. Confederação Brasileira de Futebol
- Brazil were formed in 1914
- Joined FIFA. 1923
- Confederation. CONMEBOL
- Nicknames. Canarinho (Little Canary) and The Samba Kings
- Mario Zagallo was the first person to win the World Cup as both a player and coach he played in the 1958 and1962 teams and managed the magnificent 1970 team.
Pele will always be known as Brazil's greatest player. He arrived on the world scene in 1958, when as a brilliant 17 year old he scored one of the best World Cup goals against Sweden.Pele appeared in four World Cup Finals and won three winners medals, his best display coming at the 1970 World Finals held in Mexico.
Brazil -The Greatest World Cup Winners 11
Pele may have been the greatest player but who were Brazil's best -The Greatest World Cup Winning 11
The World Cup
- The World Cup Twenty Top Quotes
This tournament is the biggest event in World Soccer. The greatest players and the greatest teams compete for the ultimate prize of World Champions. All the continents unite for this football festival, and...
- Top Ten World Cup Heroes.Mario Kempes-Super Mario
Mario Kempes was the star that shone the brightest for the Pale Blue and White of Argentina in 1978.For it was the flamboyant long haired strikers goals that propelled the home nation to World Cup glory after...
- Top Ten World Cup Heroes Ronaldo-Brazilian Phenomeno...
Born luiz Nazario de Lima he was first spotted by the Brazilian legend Jairzinho at 14 years old.He had prolific speed strength and balance, and he would become under International scrutiny from an early...
- Top Ten World Cup Heroes. Gerd Muller-Der Bomber
One of the finest goalscorers Germany has ever produced, his record of almost a goal a game in the finals was outstanding and
- Top Ten World Cup Heroes.Franz Beckenbauer-The Kaise...
Beckenbauer was a great defender, but a very versatile payer and was also a brilliant midfielder.He was probably best known internationally for his invention of the role of sweeper. He was also a superb...
- Top Ten World Cup Heroes Paolo Rossi-True Blue
Paolo Rossi played in two world Cups for Italy,his priceless contribution to the Azzuri's 1982 World Cup triumph is legendary,all the more as it seemed he was destined to never play in that world cup. The...
- Top Ten World Cup Heroes. Garrincha -The Joy Of The ...
With the next world cup the South Africa 2010 World Finals only months away.We wonder who could become the next world cup hero. Here are my top ten World Cup heroes to date.In no particular order. ...
- Top Ten World Cup Heroes Zinedine Zidane-France's Fi...
Football magic France's greatest player,
- Top Ten World Cup Heroes Pele-The Best
Simply the best For many people Pele was the greatest player ever, a natural athlete his all round game was the best. He had a powerful shot , his dribbling was unstoppable and his visionary passing second...
- Top Ten World Cup Heroes.Romario-My Way
My way The football legend Romario once said,
More by this Author
A little pale in the face, but then his name is White. From the mouth of Ted Lowe, one of snookers greatest commentators Read theTop Twenty Best Snooker Quotes- The Commentators.
Alex Higgins was a snooker legend. To his fans he will always be remembered as the peoples champion. Her are a few things the world of snooker have said about Alex Higgins.
Here are many great snooker quotes from the great players.Champions Steve Davis Ronnie O'Sullivan and Alex Higgins.
No comments yet.