Family Ski Holidays
Family Ski Holidays
Skiing with children - how to get it right
Taking your family away on holiday can often turn out to be quite a daunting task. Travelling anywhere with young children can be hard work and often ends up being more hassle than it is worth!
Skiing holidays however, can make excellent family activity holidays, as long as you choose the right resort and the right company.
The great thing about a skiing holiday is that most kids absolutely love to ski. Whether they are age 3 and just finding their feet, or age 10 and already beating their parents down the slopes, kids and skiing go together well.
It is also worth remembering that a ski holiday is a good, healthy way of spending a week and can be an excellent way of prising your little ones away from the TV or computer games.
In order to make sure your family skiing holiday doesn't turn into the holiday from hell, there are a few things you need to check before booking your holiday. Doing your research before parting with a holiday deposit can make or break your holiday.
Here is our check list for booking a family ski holiday:
1) Look carefully at what is included in your package. Sometimes the cheapest deal isn't always the best. Some package holidays include nanny/babysitting services. Some even include children's kindergarten and ski school services.
2) If childcare and children's ski school isn't included in the package, check that someone at the holiday company can help with booking in the correct packages for you. Also confirm with them how much these services cost. Childcare prices will vary dramatically from resort to resort.
3) Don't forget the essentials - are cot, high chairs and car seats provided? If not, can they be provided? Don't overestimate how much hassle it is to take a car seat on a plane.
4) If you are staying catered, can the kids have an early "high tea" with children friendly food?
5) Choose a resort that is well know for family friendly facilities and skiing. Searching on google will help you to identify family friendly ski resorts such as Chatel in the Portes du Soleil. Staying in a resort geared up for family skiing will make your holiday far more enjoyable.
Asking the right questions when booking your holiday should ensure your holiday runs smoothly from start to finish.
No comments yet.