Fan Gear Experts Give Top 5 Strategies and Tactics for Cornhole
As Cornhole games reach a higher level of competition, players find it takes more than being able to put a cloth bag filled with corn kernels into a hole to win any contests. There are a few tips that can help the beginning player or fan gear up and achieve more Cornholes every time. And a few strategies that can help you win more contests, even if you are playing against a more experienced player.
To begin, the definition of a Cornhole is getting your bag through the six-inch hole at the high end of the angled platform. How it goes through the hole doesn’t matter. Whether it falls straight through the hole without touching any wood or it hits lower on the platform and slides into the hole, it is still worth three points.
1. The arc of your toss will determine if you slide the bag or go for the hole on that toss. When deciding, consider that if you are aiming for the hole, you have a six-inch round target. In order to score a Cornhole you have to get it up in the air high enough to come down straight into the hole. If you come up short the bag isn’t going to slide and will likely stop as though it fell onto a puddle of glue. If the arc is lower you have a chance of hitting the board and having the bag slide into the hole.
2. Sliding the bag with a lower arc can be beneficial in a couple of ways. First, you have a much bigger target at which to aim. Your bag hits the three foot board and slides upwards into the hole. If your throw is too hard it can slide off the back of the board and if it’s too light could end up blocking the hole. This strategy can help if your opponent consistently uses the slide method to score Cornholes. Your bag will block their attempts and it is possible for them to knock your bag into the hole.
- Cornhole - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Cornhole, also known as bean bag toss, baggo or bags, is a lawn game in which players take turns throwing bean bags at a raised platform with a hole in the far end.
- Fan Gear | Cornhole Bags
TotalFanGear has a large selection of college, NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, and NASCAR sports merchandise. We are a family-owned business based in the North Carolina. Any item ordered before 3PM EST, M-F will ship same-day.
- How to Play Cornhole
Official Information on Corn Toss, Cornhole, Bean Bag and Bean Toss Games.
3. Form in throwing the bag is a major part in your success as a Cornhole player. Practice will help you develop the form that allows you to score more points. Whether you throw underhand or sidearm, the one that works for you is the one you should stick with. The big thing about your form is consistency. If you toss 100 bags exactly the same way and miss the board 98 times, change your throw.
4. Consider your opponent and their approach to the game. If they consistently slide their bag into the hole, you can use a higher arc to land your bag into a blocking position in front of the hole. Using this higher arc will not help achieve your goal of blocking the hole, it can also accidentally cause a bag to fall into the hole for a score of your own.
5. Finding your opponents soft spot, or weakness is the key to any competitive sport. If they have a tendency to leave their bags on the edge of the board or at end edge of the backstop, you can adjust your toss to slide your bags, using their bag as a backstop. This will knock their bag off the board and allow your bag to stay on the play surface, earning at least one point.
There are those players that are consistent in their throws and consistently score higher, but that talent can be beaten with a little practice and an understanding of how to play your arc, toss and slide to your advantage.
More by this Author
At the beginning of every heating season homeowners often question if their home heating choice is the least expensive and efficient with the discussion often focused on electric or natural gas.
countertop There are many different types of stone countertops that are offered on the market. One of the most popular nowadays is limestone. In the past couple of years, limestone has become an increasingly popular...
When it comes to self storage, be creative. Many cost effective and eye-catching projects can provide both a decorative look and additional storage for your home.
No comments yet.