Floating Pool Trampolines and Slides Safety Tips
Floating trampolines and slides are one of the biggest investment that one can make in water fun activities. These inflatable toys are children’s favourite. But they come with an expensive bill and they also carry some safety issues that everybody needs to now, regardless if owns them or just use them.
Most floating trampolines are safe to use if you fallow the instructions that comes from the manufacturer. It is very important not to skip reading about how to set up, where and what kind of conditions needs to be met before you even stat to inflate a trampoline.
Also, do not disregard the manufacturer’s guidelines and make sure you understand the directions. If you have any questions or any doubts on how to use your trampoline then take a few minutes and find that website or tall free number that comes with your product and call or email the company.
In the same time, register your product so if there is a recall or any other issues they have you in their system.
The inflatable floating trampoline are different then the backyard ones and also they are different from the inflatable ones that can be pumped up and set on the ground.
The floating trampoline, or water trampolines, are design to be set on the surface of water, like a large pool or a lake. They can be big, to accommodate few children or adults, or the can be small, made just for one small kid. Depending on the model, they have to be set where the water is at a certain depth, they have to float at certain distance away of shores, docs or boats and they may need to be anchored.
Floating water slides are usually attached to a trampoline or to another inflatable float. They have almost the same safety guidelines as trampolines.
So, if you plan to take your trampoline to the cabin this summer or set it up on your large pool is better to be prepared and stay safe. Fallowing few simple steps and rules, you can enjoy the water without worries.
- Read the owner’s manual and set up your floating toy as they say.
- Do not assume you know everything. Things could change from a season to another, from a model to another.
- Check your product before set it up to make sure it s all right and doesn’t have any tears.
- Even if your kids are good swimmers it is a good idea to have them wear a life jacket when bouncing on a floating trampoline.
- Teach the children how to use floating trampolines and slides.
- Also, teach everyone, including yourself, how to stop jumping (by flexing your knees when coming down).
- Supervise your children at all time.
- Do not overload your trampoline. Over the time its seams may com loose.
- If a storm approaches, stop using it. Get inside.
- Also, do not swim to close to your trampoline and never swim below it. That’s very dangerous.
- Do not use it when under the influence of alcohol or other euphoric chemicals.
- Use your slide properly, facing the water, legs first.
And if the trampoline is not enough, then think about adding one or more attachments.The most popular ones are logs,slides and bags or mats.
Logs are cylindrical inflatable floats that attach to a water trampoline or bouncer. The challenge is to walk through it, on a slippery surface. You can buy one or more logs and they can be simple or sophisticated. Before purchase you need to make sure they match your trampoline.
Slides are a common attachments to a floating trampoline. They can be one person slide or 2 persons slide. Their wet surface makes sliding more speedy and fun. Slides are as dangerous as trampolines when not used in a proper way.
Bags are large flat floats that can be inflated and attached to a water trampoline or bouncer. They work with two people: when one jumps the other bounces up in the air. The challenge is to control your bounce and landing.
Before buying any of these attachments, consult the owner’s manual of your main float to make sure it has the potential to hold any extra parts. Then take a look online to see what’s on the market. Don’t forget to buy any straps, pumps or storage bags for your new water floats. Then enjoy it.
Want more on water fun? Read on.
- Pool Party Floating Furniture and Supplies
Are you ready to throw a party in your pool this summer? Do you have all water supplies for your party? The floating coolers and bars, the inflatable chairs and lounges, the noodles and other water toys?...
- Summer pool style and comfort, floating pool chairs
The best way to cool off in a hot summer day is to hang around the pool, in a floating pool chair. These inflatable water chairs are not only great for relaxing but also very convenient to store and travel,...
More by this Author
Junie B. Jones is one of the most popular characters of children literature. She is a young personage, created by Barbara Park and first launched in 1992. So, for almost 20 years this little hilarious and smart girl has...
No comments yet.