Famous Football Quotes
Famous Football Quotes/Managers
Football is the game and even off the pitch there are many games going on particularly mind games which often leads to some great football quotes and sayings over the years. This hub will record the best football quotes from some of the best and most famous football managers in the world from people like Sir Alex Ferguson and Jose Mourinho!
This has took quite a long time to gather together so I hope you enjoy it and all the related articles too. This hub gives a little bit of a background about each of this famous football/soccer managers and provides a few quotes with a link to read more!
Thanks for reading and I hope you find this hub interesting!
Jose Mourinho Quotes
People have strong opinions about the self pro-claimed "Special One" as Jose Mourinho calls himself. The former manager of Porto, Chelsea and Inter Milan and the current manager of Real Madrid. Whether you like him or not though you can not deny he is not a successful manager bringing teams to win competitions like the Champions League, Premier League, Serie A, UEFA Cup, FA Cup, the Portugese Liga and he has won many more trophies.
Mourinho is also a very successful tactician and also very good at playing mind games so has said some fantastic quotes. Here are 3 of his quotes:
- "When I go to the press conference before the game, in my mind the game has already started."
- "It is omelettes and eggs. No eggs - no omelettes! It depends on the quality of the eggs. In the supermarket you have class one, two or class three eggs and some are more expensive than others and some give you better omelettes. So when the class one eggs are in Waitrose and you cannot go there, you have a problem" (after players like Ballack, Drogba, Lampard, Carvalho were injured.
- "Young players are a little bit like melons. Only when you open and taste the melon are you 100% sure that the melon is good."
For more Jose Mourinho quotes click the link below:
Jose Mourinho Quotes
Sir Alex Ferguson
Like him or not, Sir Alex Ferguson is the best manager in the modern game closely followed by Mr Mourinho! You can not deny how successful and brilliant a manager he has been for Manchester United and he is also a fantastic character who is not afraid to speak his mind to his players, other managers, referees and journalists.
I have a hub of the top 50 Alex Ferguson quotes and here are 5:
- My greatest challenge is not what’s happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their f***ing perch. And you can print that.
- At the end of this game, the European Cup will be only six feet away from you and you’ll not even able to touch it if we lose. And for many of you that will be the closest you will ever get. Don’t you dare come back in here without giving your all.
- David Beckham is Britain’s finest striker of a football not because of God-given talent but because he practises with a relentless application that the vast majority of less gifted players wouldn’t contemplate.
- He was certainly full of it, calling me Boss and Big Man when we had our post-match drink after the first leg. But it would help if his greetings were accompanied by a decent glass of wine. What he gave me was paint-stripper. (Meeting with Jose Mourinho)
- I bet him he wouldn’t get 15 league goals and I’m going to have to change my bet with him. If he gets to 15 I can change it and I am allowed to do that because I’m the manager. I’m going to make it 150 now. (on Ronaldo)
As a manager I think Arsene Wenger is right up there with the other excellent football managers. Over the years Wenger has brought some beautiful football to the Premier League and it is an honour to have him in the best league in the world.
Arsene Wenger is often asked about his views on many subjects as newspapers love quoting him as he is usually quite witty and also often offers a different viewpoint on a subject because he is french.
From his quotes you can see he is an intelligent, witty and funny man and even though I am a Manchester United fan I really respect him.
Here are 5 Wenger quotes:
1. "We do not buy superstars. We make them."
2. "When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding."
3. “I’m surprised England fans booed… I thought they were asleep” (the 2010 World Cup!)
4. "One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win."
5."If you eat caviar every day it's difficult to return to sausages."
Rafael "Rafa" Benitez
While I do not think Rafa Benitez is as good as the previous three managers he is still a good manager and said some interesting things while at Liverpool and is taking over from Jose Mourinho as Inter Milan coach currently.
Here are 3 Benitez quotes:
- "I talk to carra, if you can understand him you can understand anyone."
- “When you see the supporters and how the club works it is like a religion to them. We will try to do our best to bring more trophies back for them.”
- “It feels as if I have been on a permanent honeymoon since I arrived here; I am on a cloud and I feel as if with Liverpool I have found the love of my life.”
Who is your favourite?
Who do you prefer?See results without voting
More by this Author
List of all the red cyan/red blue anaglyph 3d movies out at the moment. All the movies on this list will work if you have a pair of red cyan or red blue 3d anaglyph 3d glasses (most of the films on the list include a...
Women and girl gamers looking for game suggestions need look no further. There is a wide range of quality games, from zombie games to warfare and dance games.