Why is Karate good for kids?
Karate is one of the disciplines that can contribute very much to the formation of children as they are able to develop physically and emotionally, significantly improving their school performance and their relationship with those around him.
Practicing concentration exercises induces habits that will help in their studies and work. It also gives children confidence and makes them feel more secure and safe in different situations of everyday life.
Karate encourages respect, making children more sympathetic towards others, thus creating positive attitudes in society.
With Karate, kids are able to get away from video games and keep in shape, giving their bodies the flexibility and incentives to improve their fitness, also reflex and motor skills that will enhance their development.
Kids Karate schools can bring about very positive results, both in the field of collective values (integration in the group, fellowship, mutual respect), and individualism (emulation, improvement, effort)
The practice of Karate is like a stepping stone exercise starting with initial theory up until practical work that allows you to address the following stages.
The initial stage of Karate is to aim to promote the natural abilities of the child, in a progressive way and according to their physical and psychological development. Karate helps them to develop personality and self-confidence, and also to know their undiscovered potential. Karate help to harmonize physical exercises with the moral and disciplinary standards that help the social development of a child.
The contribution that a martial art like Karate can have on our body structure is amazing. Therefore, the early stages of our life are the most suitable for this type of activity. This is good for the infant motor development and gets the body prepared for other type of physical activities.
If Karate is practiced from a young age,it can greatly prevent or help correct certain disorders of the spine. Upright exercises and training balanced muscles supporting the back and can do wondering with the posture of a growing child.
A child Karateka will not only improve their physical performance and fitness but it will encourage a strong spirit in discipline and personal development which will accompany a throughout there life.
In a Nutshell
- It stimulates growth and the hardening of the bones (in adults reduces the risk of osteoporosis).
- It promotes the motor development of the children.
- It helps increase body resistance and the development of strength and maximum power.
- Encourages the development of personality and self-confidence.
- It serves as a method of self-defense and physical culture.
- It delays the inevitable physical and mental decline relating to age.
The correct school
Make sure you enroll your child in a good well known school with an experienced teacher. There are too many schools in the west that are not teaching the same discipline and spiritual values and they do in Japan. Karate is not just about being to toughest in the street, being a bully and being able to beat up a bully. A child can learn a great deal from a good Karate class and become a calmer and more focused person in general.
- Check out different schools. Most school will have a free trial lesson where you can get a feel of how the classes are run.
- Try various classes. Even in the one school, there are many levels. Just because you are new to Karate, doesn't mean you need to be in the beginners class. Some people are coming from other fighting disciplines.
- How safe are the classes. Is there enough supervision and first aid available.
- Try to find out what the total costs will be. Not just the monthly membership but the price for the gear, pads, grading etc. The belt gradings can be rather expensive in some places.
- Try to have your children start as early as possible. Even as young 5 or 6 is a great age to start Karate. Especially for the discipline aspect too.
- Japanese Kickboxing
Japanese Kickboxing is one of the more aggressive full contact sports. If differs to American and UK style kickboxing in that it uses knees, low kicks and elbows. It is a combination of Thai boxing and...
- Womens self defence and martial arts
Self defense for women has always been an important tool. In most times of danger the easiest option is to run but there are times when simply escaping is not a possibility if you are trapped in a corner or in a room with the exit blocked
- The Various Types of Karate
Karate is a Japanese Martial Art developed in the Ryukyu Islands (Okinawa at present).
More by this Author
You will get faster at running by training the white muscle fibres in your body. Sprinting technique also plays a major role.
Self defense for women has always been an important tool. In most times of danger the easiest option is to run but there are times when simply escaping is not a possibility if you are trapped in a corner or in a room...
Do you want to know how to play those deep soulful chords with a lot of emotion?