Kim Yu-Na : The World Best Figure Skater
Kim Yu Na Figure Skater Topnotch
Kim Yu-Na : The Worlds Best Figure Skater
Kim Yu-Na (Kim is the surname) is a 19 years old South Korean figure skater who is the reigning champion and gold medalist in her event at the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics. She was expected to win the gold and she indeed fulfilled the promise. Attached to her name is an impressive and an awesome credentials in figure skating. Starting a career at a very young age, her coach was amazed and predicted she is going to make it big in the skating world, and he is correct. Adored by her millions of fans not only in Korea but all over the world, she exudes grace, beauty and awesome performances specially in 2010 Vancouver Olympics. Kim's gold is South Korea's first in figure skating.
Figure skating is one event aside from snowboarding and hockey which I follow every Winter Olympic game. When these events are played in the TV, I always find time to watch them. Kim Yu-Na came to my attention four years ago when I read a magazine about Mao Azada, another figure skater from Japan and they were trying to pit the two girls together. In Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games, Mao won the silver and Joannie Rochette of Canada finished third.
About figure skating
Figure skating is a sport in Olympics in which a pair, individual or sometimes a group spins, jumps and footworks and move s in ice. Figure skaters compete in different levels either as beginner, senior, local, national or international level. Figure skating is usually referred to by a name into -- artistic skating --. Major international competitions are sanctioned by the International Skating Union (ISU). These include the Winter Olympic Game, World Championships, The World Junior Figure Skating Championship, The European Figure Skating Championships, The Four Continents Figure Skating Championships and the ISU Grand Prix Of Figure Skating-
Kim Yu-Na started her career at a young age
- She started her career at a young age. Kim Yu-Na was born in Bucheon, Gveonggi-do, Korea on September 5,1990. She started skating when she was just six years old and because she was very far from the training site she mostly trained during the night and not at daytime. She skate with her sister when she was seven years old and her coach said to he mother that one day Kim Yu Na is said to become a world class figure skater. She fulfilled the promise and beyond. She moved to Toronto, Canada in 2007 to train more regarding figure skating. She is presently enrolled in Korea University.
Kim Yu-Nas Accomplishments and Honors
- 2010 World Olympic Gold Medalist held in Vancouver, Canada
- Reigning world Champion in Figure Skating
- Kim Yu Na is the first female skater to surpass the 200-point mark set by the ISU
- She is also the first female skater to receive +2.20 grade for execution for jumps under the ISU Judging System.
- As of February 2010, she is ranked first in the world by the ISU.
- Kim Yu Na is the first South Korean figure skater who has medaled and won at International Skating Union (ISU) -- Junior Grand Prix series, the ISU Junior Grand Prix Final, ISU Grand Prix Series, the ISU Grand Prix Final, the ISU Four Continents Championships, at the ISU World Championships and at the Winter Olympic Games.
- She is one of the most highly recognized athletes and media figures in South Korea and all over the world
- Three Time Grand Prix Final Champion
- 2006 Junior World Champion
- 2005-2006 Junior Grand prix Final Champion
- 2002-2005 Korean National champion
- She is the holder of the record for ladies in the short program, free skating and its combined total by the ISU.
Aside from her awesome accomplishments in the world of figure skating, Kim Yu-Na is an icon in South Korea bringing joy and pride to her country. She is an example of continued and inspiring dedication plus hardwork in fulfilling ones dream.
- Who Dat! Who Dat! Super Bowl XLIV Champions!
Who Dat! Who Dat! Super Bowl Champion! Gone are the days and years When it is just a dream Now the "Vince Lombardi" trophy is a reality Who Dat! Who Dat!...
- My collection of quotes on love and sports
Have you ever wonder what is the relationship of love and sports, just a thought, or is there ever a relation between the rules of games and the mechanics of sports and the rules of love. How about love, are...
- Cowboys Stadium: Worlds largest
picture courtesy of http://www.dallascowboys.com/tickets/newStadiumMain.cfm They say everything is big in Texas, one proof is this -- the Cowboys Stadium This place is seven minutes away from my location...
- Who Dat Nation and Why I am Betting for The Saints to Win the Super Bowl XLIV
Who Dat Nation and Why I am Betting for The Saints to Win the Super Bowl XLIV Two days before the Super Bowl XLIV to be held at Sunlife Stadium, Miami Florida on Sunday, February 7, 2010, 6:30 pm...
- I am ready for the Super Bowl XLIV
I am Ready for the Super Bowl XLIV Almost eighteen days before the Super Bowl XLIV which will be played at Sun Life Stadium in Miami Gardens, Florida (for the tenth time) on February 7, 2010, 6:30 pm...
More by this Author
Best and Famous Welsh Actors and Actresses Wales is the home of many famous people in different fields ; arts, music, entertainment, religious figures, architectures, craftsmen etc. They say that in Wales...
In honor of the Cinco de Mayo (May 5) celebration, I will feature in this hub the beautiful, best and famous Mexican actresses and actors. Cinco de Mayo is a celebration in Mexico and in other parts of the world where...
Lucky and Unlucky Numbers in Chinese Culture The study of Chinese culture is very interesting because they have so much superstitions and beliefs like numerology, using the laws of heaven and earth (astronomy and...