Miami Heat Trivia
Think you know Miami Heat trivia? I’ve put together some sports trivia questions from the world of the Miami Heat professional basketball team that I think any Heat fan would be interested in.
You may find some of these basketball trivia questions a little easier than some of the others, but I think you will find all of them to be challenging.
Test yourself and see how you do.
20 correct – You're a serious Miami Heat fan. You are awarded two lifetime tickets from every NBA arena so you will never miss an away game either. (Since we are making all of this up, let’s throw in travel too.)
16-19 correct – You are awarded two lifetime tickets to all home games.
11-15 correct – You are awarded free season tickets.
6-10 correct – You get two tickets to tonight's game and show up to the arena only to find out it’s an away game.
0-5 correct – The team locks you in a locker before the game.
When did you first become a Miami Heat fan?See results without voting
More Sports Trivia
Miami Heat Basketball Trivia Questions
1. Who was the Miami Heat's first head coach?
2. The Miami Heat lost their first 17 games in their opening season. Who was their first opponent?
3. Against which team did the Miami Heat score their first win?
4. In the first season, one player made over 50% of his 3 pointers. Name him.
5. Who was the Miami Heat's first ever draft pick?
6. Who was the Miami Heat's second coach?
7. What year did Pat Riley join the Miami Heat as President and head coach?
8. Where did Alonzo Mourning go to college?
9. What season did the Miami Heat first make the playoffs?
10. What season was the Miami Heat's first season above .500?
11. Who was Thunder Dan?
12. What season marked the first time the Miami Heat would win their division.
13. In the 1997–98 season the Miami Heat lost in the first round against the New York Knicks. Alonzo Mourning was suspended for the deciding 5th game of the series after getting into an altercation the game before with Larry Johnson. During this altercation, who was famously wrapped around Alonzo Mourning's leg in an attempt to intervene?
14. Dwyane Wade was the 5th overall pick in what year?
15. What college is Dwyane Wade from?
16. In 2004, The Miami Heat got Shaquille O'Neal from the Los Angeles Lakers. Which three players did the Los Angeles Lakers get for Shaq?
17. What was the nickname given to Dwyane Wade by Shaquille O'Neal?
18. In the Miami Heat's championship season, center was played mostly by Shaquille O'Neal and Alonzo Mourning. Who were the other two centers on the Miami Heat roster that season?
19. In the Miami Heat's march to their first ever World Championship in 2006, which three teams did they defeat to advance to the NBA finals?
20. The Miami Heat were up three with seconds to play in game 6 of the NBA Finals. Which Dallas Maverick missed a three pointer at the buzzer that would have sent to game to overtime, but instead gave the Heat their first NBA championship?
Scroll down for Miami Heat Basketball Trivia Answers
1. The Miami Heat's first head coach was Ron Rothstein who coached the team from 1988-1991.
2. The Miami Heat's first opponent was Los Angeles Clippers. They played on November 5, 1988 and the Clippers won 111-91.
3. On December 14, 1988, in their 18th game of the season, the Miami Heat beat the Los Angeles Clippers 89-88
4. Jon Sundvold made 48 of 92 three pointers for 52.2%
5. The Miami Heat's first ever draft pick was Rony Seikaly.
6. The Miami Heat's second coach was Kevin Loughery who coached the team from 1991 to 1995.
7. Pat Riley joined the Miami Heat on September 2, 1995.
8. Alonzo Mourning went to Georgetown University.
9. The Miami Heat first went to the playoffs in the 1991-1992 season.
10. The first season with a winning record was the 1993-94 season when the Miami Heat went 42-40.
11. Dan Majerle was known by a few different nicknames, one of which was Thunder Dan.
12. The first time the Miami Heat won their division was the 1996-97 season when they went 61-21.
13. New York Knicks head coach Jeff Van Gundy.
14. Dwyane Wade was the 5th overall pick in 2003.
15. Dwyane Wade went to Marquette.
16. The Los Angeles Lakers got Lamar Odom, Caron Butler and Brian Grant for Shaquille O'Neal.
18. The other two centers on the Miami Heat roster that season were Earl Barron and Michael Doleac.
19. They beat the Chicago Bulls in six games, the New Jersey Nets in five games and the Detroit Pistons in six, to reach the NBA finals.
20. Jason Terry missed the three pointer at the buzzer.
More by this Author
Think you know something about NBA records and history? I’ve put together some sports trivia questions from the history of the NBA that I think any basketball fan would enjoy. Good luck!
This free basketball clip art includes basketballs and backboards and a combination of the two.
Owning a classic car is great, but a lot of it depends on how well funded you are. Please read on to see some thoughts and photos of some terrific Ford, Chevy and Chrysler Corporation classic cars.
No comments yet.