Must See Matchups For College Football (Week 13)
Impact College Football Players
20 Matchups of College Football (Week 13)
This will be one of the most intense weekends in college football as most teams play there hated rivals. Some seasons are save at this time of the year, families are separated and the passion is extremely high between fans. Some rivalries you know by names like the The Iron Bowl (Alabama/Auburn), The Bedlam series (Oklahoma/Oklahoma State), The Egg Bowl (Ole Miss/Miss. State) and The Backyard Brawl (Pittsburgh/West Virginia. Some don't even have name but it is pure hate like Florida/Florida State or Ohio State/Michigan don't have a name but the truly hate each other. I chose some games for this weekend that you should keep your eye on.
1. (Fri.) Auburn (11-0) at Alabama (9-2) - These two teams have switch roles this year as last year Alabama came into this game a year ago undefeated and already having won the SEC West. And Auburn tried to play the role of spoiler as they gave Bama a scare losing 26-21 in Auburn. Now Auburn comes into this game undefeated and already have won the SEC West and a spot in the SEC Title Game. But will have to face the Tide in Tuscaloosa where they haven't lost at home this year and plays very well at home.
2. Oklahoma (9-2) at Oklahoma State (10-1) - This is called the Bedlam series although the Sooners have absolutely dominated this series forever it seems. But this game may live up to its name a the winner wins the Big 12 South and a spot in the Big 12 Championship Game.
3. (Fri.) Arizona (8-3) at Oregon (10-0) - Two weeks ago Oregon barely got out of Berkeley with a win needing California to miss a field goal to come away with a 15-13 win. But now the Ducks go home where they play very well and can clinch it second Pac 10 championship in a row with a win over Arizona. The Wildcats will be looking to bounce back after they got beat down by Stanford two week ago 42-17.
4. (Fri.) Boise State (10-0) at Nevada (10-1) - This should be Boise State biggest test since they beat Virginia Tech to open the season in Washington, DC 33-30. Since then the Broncos have breezed through there schedule defeated there opponents by an average of 49.5 to 18.8 with three of shutouts as well. If the Wolfpack want any shot at a possible WAC title it will have to win this game as they already loss to Hawaii.
5. LSU (10-1) at Arkansas (9-2) - Both teams are coming off tough conference wins last week with LSU beating Ole Miss in Baton Rouge 43-36 and Arkansas beating Miss. State 38-31 in doulbe overtime on the road in Starkville. The winner of this game will still have a shot at a BCS bowl birth especially LSU.
6. South Carolina (8-3) at Clemson (6-5) - These two teams hate each other and the Tigers would love to send there in state rivals to the SEC Championship Game with a loss. The Gamecocks should not be looking ahead though as they have lost 10 of the last 13 meetings against there rivals but did win last year 34-17.
7. Michigan State (10-1) at Penn State (7-4) - With a win the Spartans can either share or win the Big Ten outright with a Wisconsin or Ohio State loss. It will be difficult though as the Spartans haven't beat Penn State in Happy Valley since 1965 losing 8 straight.
8. Michigan (7-4) at Ohio State (10-1) - The Buckeyes take on the biggest rival at home and will need to win this game if they want to have a shot at share or a Big Ten title with a Wisconsin loss or Michigan State loss. The Wolverines haven't had the season they wanted but can end on a good note if they pull off an upset over there hated rivals.
9. Florida (7-4) at Florida State (8-3) - Will the Noles end the streak this year having lost 6 straight to there hated in state rivals from Gainesville. Florida will be looking to salvage a disappointing season with a win over there hated rivals. The Noles will also have in the back of there minds the winner of the NC State/Maryland game. A Maryland victory can send Florida State to the ACC Championship Game against Virginia Tech.
10. NC State (8-3) at Maryland (7-4) - It is simple for the Wolfpack, they win and they will be heading to the ACC Championship Game in a rematch with Virginia Tech. A Maryland win though would send Florida State to the ACC Championship Game and the Terps would be in bid for a pretty good bowl birth.
11. Northwestern (7-4) at Wisconsin (10-1) - The Badgers can either win or share the Big Ten title with a win over Northwestern. The Badgers will need Michigan State to lose to Penn State though as they lost to Michigan State earlier this year and will lose the tie breaker. The Badgers beat Ohio State and would hold the tie breaker if the Buckeyes beat Michigan. Northwestern as dropped 4 out of last 6 games after starting the season 5-0.
12. Oregon State (5-5) at Stanford (10-1) - The Cardinals' still have a shot at a Pac 10 title but will need to win this game and Oregon will have to lose twice although. Stanford is also playing for a possible BCS bowl appearance with a win. Oregon State will be looking for an upset as they beat down USC in Corvallis last week 36-7.
13. Notre Dame (6-5) at USC (7-4) - This use to be one of the premier rivalries of college football. Now since Notre Dame has been down for a while and with USC under NCAA sanctions banning the Trojans from bowl games they are just playing for bragging rights and pride. Notre Dame has lost 8 straight in this rivalry and will be looking to end the streak.
14. Kentucky (6-5) at Tennessee (5-6) - The Vols can get bowl eligible as the Vols have had a rough year. After a 3-0 start Kentucky has went just 3-5 there last 8 games but have won two in a row.
15. Georgia Tech (6-5) at Georgia (5-6) - This is a must win for Georgia as they can be bowl eligible with a win after a very disappointing season. The Yellowjackets will be looking for revenge after last year losing to there hated rivals at home 30-24.
Here are 5 other games that you should have a eye on.
16. (Fri.) West Virginia (7-3) at Pittsburgh (6-4)
17. Cincinnati (4-6) at Connecticut (6-4)
18. BYU (6-5) at Utah (9-2)
19. (Fri.) Southern Miss (8-3) at Tulsa (8-3)
20. (Fri.) Miss. State (7-4) at Ole Miss (4-7)
More by this Author
We already think that these teams should compete for championships: Alabama, Clemson, Florida State, Oklahoma, Michigan, Ohio State and LSU. But who will be taking that next step to contend.
No comments yet.