A Few of My Favorite Songs to Workout to
Here are some songs that I always listen to while I'm exercising. I love these songs because they are upbeat, fast-paced, and some of them even have an "exercise" theme! Please comment and feel free to let me know about your favorite exercise songs!
1. "Another One Bites the Dust" by Queen
*When I listen to this song, I envision that the title means that calories are biting the dust!
2. "We Are the Champions" by Queen
*Because, let's face it, sometimes I need the encouragement of calling myself a "champion" when exercising.
3. "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" by Pat Benetar
*This is a very cool, very empowering, "kiss my butt" song. Badly needed when exercise "hurts so good"
4. Most Hootie & the Blowfish songs. This group is usually fairly up-beat, clean, with very likeable beats.
5. Most Bon Jovi songs. My favorite is their Cross Road cd. How can you not appreciate songs like "Shot Through the Heart" and "Wanted Dead or Alive" while exercising?
6. John Cougar Mellencamp's The Best that I Could Do album. A good greatest hits cd, containing lots of up-beat, exercise-worthy songs.
7. Nickelback. I've only heard the songs that get played on the radio a lot, but I've been told that this group can be very vulgar, which I do not appreciate or endorse. But they have a few clean, fast-paced songs that I do like.
Here are just some of my favorite examples, and feel free to comment and suggest your own.
More by this Author
I have lived in Ohio most of my life, and have thoroughly lamented this fact. This is because my dad's family is from Eastern Tennessee, with beautiful views of the Great Smoky Mountains. I've always thought that...
As a recreational runner, I have been running since early high school. I would run for a couple of weeks, usually no more than a couple miles each time. I would do some simple stretches before running, and...
My journey of faith is a unique & successful one. As a child, I distinctly remember someone saying "God" or "Jesus," and I was embarrassed, because I thought it was a curse word! I guess the...