My 20 Most Intriguing Matchups for week 12 and my top 25 Power Rankings for week 12
20 Most Intriguing Matchups for Week 12
1. Virginia Tech (8-2) at Miami (FL) (7-3) - Virginia Tech can clinch the ACC Coastal Division with a win but the Canes will be to stay alive in the ACC Coastal hunt with a win but will need Tech to lose again if they want to have a shot at a ACC Coastal title.
2. Ohio State (9-1) at Iowa (7-3) - This game as lost a little luster since the Hawkeyes lost to Northwestern the week before on the road 21-17. But the Buckeyes should not take them lightly as the Hawkeyes will be looking for the upset to stay in Big Ten contention.
3. Oklahoma (8-2) at Baylor (7-4) - The Sooners are still alive for a Big 12 South title and will need to win this game to as they still have to face Oklahoma State. The Bears have dropped two straight after winning three in a row.
4. Florida State (7-3) at Maryland (7-3) - The Noles will need this game if they want to have any chance of winning the ACC Atlantic. Maryland also is still in the running for a possible run with a win and still having to play NC State as well how as the tiebreaker over Florida State.
5. NC State (7-3) at North Carolina (6-4) - All the Wolfpack have to do is win out and they will be going to the ACC Championship Game. It starts by going to North Carolina where the Tarheels will be in the role of spoiler. The Wolfpack has beaten the Tarheels 3 in a row and will be looking for a fourth victory.
6. Arkansas (8-2) at Miss. State (7-3) - Even though the SEC West title has been claimed by Auburn this still is a big game for both teams. The winner put it self in position for a good bowl game.
7. Wisconsin (9-1) at Michigan (7-3) - The Badgers will be looking to stay in Big Ten lead as they have a tiebreaker over Ohio State and will need to keep winning if they wan to get to a BCS bowl. The Wolerines will be looking to stay on there winnngs ways as they have won two in a row after dropping three straight.
8. Ole Miss (4-6) at LSU (9-1) - The Tigers will need to pick up victory here and next week against Arkansas to assure they get to a BCS bowl game. The Ole Miss will be looking to rebound as they got destroyed last week by Tennesse 52-14 in Knoxville.
9. Nebraska (9-1) at Texas A&M (7-3) - The Cornhuskers are in first place in the Big 12 North and will be looking to stay that way but will have to do it on the road agaist Texas A&M has already upset Oklahoma in week 10. The Aggies are still very much alive in the Big 12 South title and will need this game to stay in contention.
10. Stanford (9-1) at California (5-5) - Stanford is 1-4 the last 5 times it has played its in rival Calfornia. The Bears will be looking for the upset as they let one slip away the week before losing to Oregon 15-13.
Here are the rest of the top matchups of college football week 12.
11. USC (7-3) at Oregon State (4-5)
12. Fresno State (6-3) at Boise State (9-0)
13. Illinois (5-5) at Northwestern (7-3)
14. Pittsburgh (5-4) at South Florida (6-3)
15. West Virginia (6-3) at Louisvile (5-5)
16. Connecticut (5-4) at Syracuse (7-3)
17. Utah (8-2) at San Diego State (7-3)
18. Colorado (4-6) at Kansas State (6-4)
19. Army (6-4) vs Notre Dame (5-5) (New York)
20. Ohio (7-3) at Temple (8-2)
Impact College Football Players
My Top 25 Power Rankings
1. Auburn (11-0)
2. Oregon (10-0)
3. LSU (9-1)
4. Nebraska (9-1)
5. Wisconsin (9-1)
6. Stanford (9-1)
7. Ohio State (9-1)
8. TCU (11-0)
9. Boise State (9-0)
10. Alabama (8-2)
11. Oklahoma State (9-1)
12. Michigan State (9-1)
13. Arkansas (8-2)
14. South Carolina (7-3)
15. Missouri (8-2)
16. Oklahoma (8-2)
17. Virginia Tech (8-2)
18. USC (7-3)
19. Texas A&M (7-3)
20. Florida State (7-3)
21. Miami(FL) (7-3)
22. Iowa (7-3)
23. Arizona (7-3)
24. Nevada (9-1)
25. Utah (8-2)
More by this Author
The SEC has won 8 national championship in the last 10 years with Alabama leading the way with 4 titles ('09 '11 '12 '15) , Florida 2 ('06 '08), Auburn 1 ('10) and LSU 1 ('07).
We already think that these teams should compete for championships: Alabama, Clemson, Florida State, Oklahoma, Michigan, Ohio State and LSU. But who will be taking that next step to contend.
No comments yet.