How to Dominate Your Fantasy Football League 2012
Where To Sign Up For Free?
- Espn.com (my personal favorite)
- Yahoo Sports
- Fox Sports
Places to Sign Up for Free Fantasy Football
- Fantasy football, fantasy baseball and more, free sports games - SI.com
Find Fantasy sports news and analysis, free sports games and more on SI.com.
- Fantasy Football - Front Office - FOX Sports on MSN
FOXSports.com on MSN offers live scores, in-depth player and team news, rumors, stats, schedules, team standings and fantasy sports for the NFL, MLB, NBA, NASCAR, NHL, boxing, tennis, College Basketball, College Football, and other NCAA Sports.
- NFL Events: Fantasy
- Fantasy Football Leagues on Yahoo! Sports
Yahoo! Fantasy Football offers everything a serious competitor demands like custom league settings, FREE real time stats and expert football analysis from the pros at Yahoo! Sports. Sign up for a PLUS or free fantasy football league!
- Fantasy Football - Free Fantasy Football Leagues, Rankings and more -- ESPN
Play Fantasy Football for free on ESPN! Expert analysis, live scoring, mock drafts, and more. Join or start a league today!
What do You know Anyway? Drew Breezzy's Fantasy Experience
I have played fantasy football for the last three seasons.
In my first Season 2006 I managed to win my league though working the waivers and a key trade (I traded Vick who was having a hot spell for Stephen Jackson). Having Peyton Manning, Reggie Wayne(someone dropped him, he was too good not to pick up), and Marvin Harrison helped too of course but was incredible stupid having so much invested in one team.I finished that season 9-3 number 2 seed going into playoffs and won the championship.
My second fantasy season 2007 I had two teams. Winning one league with a 12-1 record and finishing 5-8 in another with no playoffs.
My third season last year 2008 I had an excessive ten teams plus a friend's team I co operated after he had a miserable 0-4 start. I won 5/11 leagues, making the playoffs in 10/11,and making it to the championship in 9/11 teams.
4-9 5th I had foolishly keep Ben Roethlisberger as my number 1 QB too long, I had lack of depth at WR and my top two backs Clinton Portis and Marshawn Lynch fizzled the later half of the season. I started out 3-0 only to finish 1-9. Once it became clear I wasn't going to make the playoffs I abandoned this team because of the many other teams I had.
6-5-2 Second One of my highest scoring teams yet most unlucky. My opponents had monster days against me results in my sub par record. Injuries plus players sitting out during the Championship killed me. Though making it that far with such a record was an accomplishment in itself.
10-3 Won best team I drafted by far and highest scoring.Drafting Brian Westbrook,Maurice Jones-Drew, Willie Parker (BUST),Greg Jennings,Dallas Clark,Calvin Johnson,Aaron Rodgers, Brett Farve, Derrick Mason, Chris Chambers. I aquired Bernard Berrian by trading La Ron McClain a wavier pick up who I had no need for. I acquired Kevin Smith and LeDale White via waivers by far my most notable pickups.
7-6 Second Friends team in 12 person league. I started helping help week 5 and since resulting 7-2 record after his 0-4 start.
Overall in my fantasy career I have only failed to make the playoffs twice out of 14 teams, 11 fantasy championship appearances, Winning 7 of my 11 Championships appearances.
My Football Blog
- Fantasy Football WisDome
More Fantasy Football Advice!
Action vs. Snake Draft
Action Draft: Each user depending on draft order nominates a player to be placed on the draft draft. Then users bid on players they wish to acquire for there fantasy team. Teams all start with the same amount of cash. In ESPN auction leagues it is $200. (Note this is not real money)
Snake Draft (serpentine) or in better words standard Draft: Users select players depending on their draft order. There is a time limit to select players when it is a users turn to pick hence being "on the clock . So being prepared is very important.
Types of Leagues
- Standard Draft Leagues- Use the snake draft. Ten teams are the standard though there can be more teams in custom leagues. Typical rosters hold 16 players, with a starting Qb, Rb,Rb, Rb/Wr, Wr, Wr,Te,Defense, Kicker with 6 bench players.
- Auction Draft Leagues- Users be wary not over invest in one player. Doing so will make filling out a roster a daunting task.
These are leagues are for the more hardcore gamers.
- Dynasty Leagues- These leagues the users draft a team which they keep for several years. The users rosters can change by trading or releasing players. Every year following the initial draft teams there is a rookie only draft. This requires one to have knowledge of NCCA teams.
- Keeper Leagues- In keeper leagues the user selects a certain amount of players, say three that they can not drop and must keep for the following season.Though they can be traded.These leagues usually have a certain date in which the keeper players lock and can no longer be changed. Players like Tom Brady,Adrian Peterson, Roddy White are examples of keepers.
IDP Leagues- These leagues use individual defensive players instead of a an entire defensive team.
Survivor Leagues- The team with the lowest score each week is eliminated. The last team remaining team wins.
There are also two quarterback leagues where users start 2 QBs.
Note. Make sure you understand your leagues scoring system based on the site's standard rules or league's custom rules. In leagues that score points per catch players like Wes Welker hold more value. There is also points by carry scoring in some leagues.
When to Draft Positions
- Running Backs- Running backs dominate the first 3 rounds of the draft. No need to draft any other position in the first round. On average19 of first 30 picks on ESPN are RBs.
- Wide Receivers - Are usually are not drafted til the 2nd round. Though Larry Fitzgerald is the exception I would not recommend drafting him so high.
- Quarterbacks - No Quarterbacks are taken until the second round. The QBs taken in this round are Tom Brady, Drew Brees, and Peyton Manning. If you aren't able to get one of these QBs don't fret there will be quality "low buy" QBs in later rounds.I had a hunch about Aaron Rodgers last year and drafted him 10th round in several leagues which paid off huge being that Rogers was a top fantasy QB. I would recommend drafting a starting QB in rounds 5-10 if you aren't concerned about drafting one of "big three".
- Tight Ends- Top TEs begin getting drafted in 4th round. These TEs are Tony Gonzalez, Jason Witten and Antonio Gates. A quality TE is important because there is very limited number of fantasy worthy TE. Though most TEs begin getting drafted in later rounds. A good TE is nice edge to have over an opponent. If you wish to take a proven TE, wait til late 4 round, 5th round to draft them if they are available. TEs last year were very hit or miss week by week with Gonzalez being the exception(note this will be Gonzalez's first year as Falcon). There are decent and breakout candidates that will be steals in later rounds.Check out my hub on TEs below.
- Defenses- Are hard to predict. Though Steelers, Ravens, and Giants should be top fantasy Ds but nothing is guaranteed. These Defenses get drafted on average in 8th Round and later except for the Steelers have been getting drafted in round 6.
- Kicker- Save this position for the last round. Teams usually carry one kicker. Therefore if you are unhappy with your kicker in the first few weeks there will be plenty available. Best to take a kicker in a high power offense (Garrett Hartley) or one who will have plenty attempt and is accurate (Kris Brown).
Excited for this years fantasy season?See results without voting
More by this Author
"I've Always Been Somethin' That These Labels Can't Buy Especially If They Tryna Take A Piece Of My Soul" - Drake "Say What's Real" *"I can't relate to that" All this talk about...
Wiz Khalifa, young Pittsburgh rap star has been blowing up the recent music scene. His catchy choruses and lyrics written as if an ode to weed are a hit among rebellious teenagers. Khalifa is following in the steps of...
Standard Deviation = σ (The Greek letter sigma) First find the mean of the given set of numbers. Next subtract the mean from each number in the set. Then square the sum of each number. Add the total of...
No comments yet.