Pros and Cons: Features of the Chilliwack Bomber Jacket by Canada Goose
After reviewing some of the comments made by users of the Chilliwack Bomber I have composed a list of all its Strengths and Weaknesses.
Rate the Chilliwack Bomber
Pros of the Chilliwack Bomber
1. The perfect middle ground temperature: Perfect between 0° to -20° degrees temperatures. While everyone freezes outside you will be protected in a “slim shell of warmth”.
2. Real Coyote Fur Ruff: Real coyote fur is the best insulator in the world (along with wolverine and wolf) because it doesn´t freeze or get wet, and the uneven hair distribution acts like a windbreaker deviating the cold wind from your face. Fake fur simply freezes and does not have that natural distribution in hair lengths.
3. Higher Mobility: weights less than a pound but warms more than the usual lightweight jackets.
4. Fighter-Pilot Design: Definitely, the #1 reason the Chilliwack is so popular. Its slick Top Gun air fighter design is popular not only amongst patriotic Americans but around the world. It simply expresses freedom and courage.
5. Adjustable Hood: You can adjust the hood to allow a better sight or close it completely to really shield yourself from winds.
A perfect mid-layer for the Chilliwack would be the Hybridge Jacket. Light and slim with perfect strechability, a perfect combination.
What Do You Think
Is the Chilliwack Bomber one of the best lightweight winter jackets?See results without voting
Cons of the Chilliwack Bomber
1. Hard to Determine the Right Size and Fit: Most people struggle with the right size and fit for the Chilliwack Bomber jacket. Normally Canada Goose parkas are way over your regular size. This is to accommodate extra layers underneath to add some warmth. Thinking the Chilliwack is like your regular parka is a big mistake. Bombers are a completely different type of jackets known for being slim fitted.
A good Rule of Thumb to choose the right size for you would be to go for two sizes bigger than what you would for a parka. So let us say for instance you own a Goose parka which is Medium size (which is bulky) Then for ordering the Chilliwack Bomber you should go for an Extra Large. Trust me, most people that buy the Chilliwack in the same size that they have done so in the past end up giving it to their 8 year old because it comes too small.
2. Short Length: The length is shorter than a parka, which means less coverage. If you don´t have a light extra layer underneath tugged in your pants you will feel the breeze right above the belt.
3. Short pockets: This is a turn off since roomy pockets are one of the best features from other Canada Goose jackets and parkas. Since the bomber is supposed to be light and waist-length pockets are small.
4. Badly positioned hand-warmers: They simply are too high up the chest. Reaching them is a nuisance and you feel ridiculous going down the street doing the chicken dance. It would´ve been nice to maintain the hand warmers on the low area of the bomber like other Canada Goose parkas.
5. Cold Spots on the Elbows: The front-side elbow area has reduced down fill to ensure higher mobility. This is normally not a big issue since this is a jacket to wear in the 0° to -20° degrees temperatures. Beyond that limit, you can start to feel the cold creeping up your arms.
6. Coyote Fur Ruff on the Hood is Not Removable: Many people have noticed a big issue with not removable coyote fur ruffs. It is hard to drive with.
Winter jacket hoods with fur ruff designs are bulky to protect you from extreme-cold temperatures, and the coyote fur is incredible when it comes to warming your face and protecting from the wind. However, the bulkiness of the hood in the back of your neck creates an unwanted pillow in the car even with the hood down, which partially blocks your view.
Don´t get it wrong, you can still drive with it, but it would be nice to have a removable fur ruff and hood like other Canada Goose jackets. If you want something similar to Canada Goose´s Chilliwack Bomber with a removable coyote fur ruff then the Borden Jacket or Yorkville are good side options.
7. Left Handed Zipper: There´s some funny comment about this on Amazon. Most Canada Goose clothing come with a frontal left zipper. Some right-handed people notice this and have some trouble fully zipping-up. Anyhow, most people don´t even notice this and can zip their bombers just fine. If it wasn´t any other way the company would´ve change their designs long ago.
How to determine fit and size for the Chilliwack Bomber? Where to buy at the best price online safely? In what colors do they come? Follow the next link:
Here is a Full Review of the Chilliwack Bomber:
Buy the Chilliwack Bomber at Amazon
Chilliwack Bomber available in different sizes featuring colors: Red, Navy. Black, Graphite, Military Green, Caribou and Spirit
It seems the Chilliwack Bomber has more deficiencies than advantages, but that´s just the way it is, we always find more flaws than gains in a product if we really look into it. The Chilliwack continues to be one of Canada Goose most sold items and it comes in children sizes and in the PBI version. The best recommendation would be to try it out first before you buy it online (online you´ll find the best prices).
Video of a Chilliwack Bomber Review
You might also like to review these other Canada Goose products
- A Complete Review Of The Chilliwack Bomber Jacket By Canada Goose
A complete review of Canada Goose Chilliwack Bomber jacket. How to determine fit and size for the Chilliwack Bomber? Where to buy at the best price online safely? In what colors do they come?
- Canada Goose HyBridge Jacket - Product Review
Check out why the award winning Hybridge jacket by Canada Goose is the perfect option for practicing winter sports in mild cold winter areas.
© 2013 David Trujillo Uribe
More by this Author
Learn how to make a grass head (grass doll) step by step for your kids or personal garden.
Expedition Parka is one of Canada Goose´s most popular jackets and hard to get, but perfect for -30° winters with low output activity. Check out Pros and Cons, the right Size and Fit, and styles.
This are all cultural based tips that you will find no where else to date colombian women. From how to dance with them, drinks and even what matters most when meeting the family.