Running Hydration Waist Pack Review: Amphipod Full-Tilt Belt
Amphipod Waist Pack Review
I purchased the Amphipod Full-Tilt Velosity Hydration Waist pack belt at REI for my next 10k race and was not excited about the idea of carrying extra weight and a bulky water bottle but was impressed with the ergonomics of the Amphipod Full-Tilt Hydration system and I think this will help my distance runs go the extra mile and keep me hydrated.
This belt has a snug enough fit for a petite person and the bottle and pack are designed for minimal sloshing around. The storage pouch is an extra bonus to carry keys or an mp3Player. I shopped at several stores (Dick's, Academy and others) and decided on this pack.
I ran a 10k with this pack and found that is shifted to the smallest part for the waist instead of sitting low on the hips. This pack did not bounce a lot, but I found wearing a waist pack added a little extra weight from the water bottle and also distracted me at time as I adjusted it to be more comfortable. For races that provide water, I might just rely on the water stations. It is nice to have the option to bring the water bottle pack.
Features of the Full-Tilt Velocity Hydration Waist Pack for Runners
- Contoured bottle and pack minimize the sloshing around.
- Balanced weight distribution of the pack itself and the water contents.
- Fitted design for almost any body type.
- Available in black, solid colors and also a feminine print for style.
- Attached bungee holds bottle in place while also providing easy access to the bottle.
- Reflective accent line for safety.
- Zipper stretch storage pocket to fit keys, mp3 player, energy gel, snack bar, etc.
- Mesh padding that is breathable and cushioned.
- 20 oz liquid capacity with easy grip, BPA free plastic bottle.
- Adjustable belt with front clip.
- Great for runners who need minimal distraction from the race.
The Full-Tilt series by Amphipod features 6 hydration waist belt styles with the 20 oz capacity and a belt with 2 of the 20 oz capacity bottles for long distance runs. Manufacturer prices in the series are from $32.50-$49.99 depending the belt. See all 6 styles at Amphipod.com.
Amphiopod has received recognition and awards for the Full-Tilt bottle because of its design that reduced stress on the lumbar region of the back, the easy access of the bottle and the overall design concept.
More by this Author
No VOC, Odor-free Eco friendly Sherwin Williams Harmony Interior Acrylic Latex paint is a great option for those homeowners wanting an interior acrylic latex paint with no odor. How to choose a low VOC paint. Sherwin...
Guide to choosing the right shoe and finding running shoe sales. Also tips on running shoe sales and running shoe discounts. People have different needs based on your own support needs. Guide to brand differences for...
Differences between a dental insurance DMO plan and a PPO plan. What does DMO (aka DHMO) dental plan cover? Research your insurance options before you buy dental coverage. A DMO (DHMO) is like an HMO it is essential a...
No comments yet.