Shipwreck diving is a specific area of scuba diving that can be enjoyed by divers, in all areas around the seas and in lakes, dams and rivers.
Some wreck diving require only basic scuba diving equipment, scuba skills and self education.
When you go out with your diving buddies for your first time wreck diving, you will fell the awesomeness once you see a wreck and imagine that once this man made vessel was going about its voyage until it meet its unfortunate destiny.
Each and every single wreck has a history. Wreck diving can be fun as long as you respect the wreck and admire its beauty just from the outside.
- Never go in a wreck, or in diving terms “penetrate” if you are not prepared and you haven´t got the skills and experience.
More on Scuba Diving
- This form of wreck diving, penetration is more sophisticated and due to the depth, conditions of the water, condition of the wreck itself, location, visibility, special skills, equipment and truly knowing yourself underwater with “ceilings” are necessary to make shipwreck diving as safe and pleasant as possible.
- Shipwreck diving gives divers the opportunity to visit the past. Each and every wreck is a time capsule in history of that era waiting to be explored.
- When wreck diving you can also make interesting object finds while exploring the remnants of a sunken ship.
- This enables the diving enthusiasts to make their own contribution to historians and archaeologists in wreck diving by handing them information needed for shipwreck identification, location, condition and so on.
- In wreck diving, if any diver in the group does not feel comfortable with a dive, then that dive should be at once aborted.
- In wreck diving, staying calm, moving slowly throughout your dive, using the technique of side fining (a technique used by professional cave divers)this is not kicking your fins up and down to lift silt and reduce your visibility drastically.
- Knowing your equipment fully and this also means knowing where every single piece of equipment that composes of your diving gear exactly is, this is very important in the case if your lights burn out or silt has reduced your visibility, and the location of your reserve air source can help to prevent strain and stress.
- In shipwreck diving preventing stress can come from diving frequently, not being overweight, staying healthy, being always hydrated, making sure all of your equipment operates correctly and familiarizing yourself with the wreck.
- An exact positive and stress controlled mental attitude is very important when indulging in any shipwreck diving.
- If a poorly trained diver was to penetrate any wreck and found himself in darkness and stirred up silt, stress and claustrophobia could soon lead to panic, and panic could lead to silly situations that could end up with a lethal conclusion.
- Situations will happen but it depends on each and every ones capacity to deal with the problem at the time. So always stay calm, calm and calm.
- Knowing the rules and having discipline and respecting wreck diving not only avoids fear but assures correct and steady air consumption, even if by luck you have just found a cannon or the Mother Load and you know your bottom time is up.
More on Scuba Diving
- Scuba Snorkel Gear
There is so much snorkel gear on the market to choose from nowadays that if you are initially getting into scuba diving and thinking of buying your own scuba diving equipment you can get confused and probably...
- Scuba Diving Masks Choosing the Right One
Not all diving masks are the same. The diving mask that you end choosing as part of your scuba diving gear will significantly influence on the harmony and comfort throughout your dive. When on a dive shops...
- Scuba Diving Bags
Scuba Diving Bags - Scuba diving bags to store your gear is a very important and careful decision you will have to make because in the future you will eventually acquire more scuba diving gear to complete and assist you in your dives and you want to
More by this Author
List of the most planted palm trees together with its common and Latin name!
A list of superstitions and customary beliefs from around the world.
Jaguar E Type Original Colors - Jaguar XKE Original Colors. A true Jaguar E type is the one that is in fact as original as the day it rolled off the assembly line. Through the life of an E type, it can change hands...
No comments yet.