How To Heelflip | Skateboarding Trick Tips for Beginner Skaters
Once you've learned how to Ollie, 180, and Pop Shuv-It, the next trick you might want to learn how to land is a Heelflip.
Like any other trick, you have to be patient and have fun learning this trick. Doing this can help you land your tricks quicker and easier than you might expect.
Watch this video of PJ Ladd teaching you how to do a Heeflip:
Heelflip Trick Tip Video
Choose The Best Answer Relating To You:See results without voting
How To A Heeflip: Trick Tips
Before doing a Heelflip you should know how to Ollie very good.
When you POP your Heelflips jump straight up, and not in front of your board. When you jump forward and your board flicks behind you it's because you're bailing, otherwise know as being a chicken.
Jump straight up and flick your heelflip underneath you!
Your board will be flipping right under your body/ feet and that's where you want it.
Now for the flicking part...
You've got to be able to flick your ankle right in the little groove before the nose of your board aka the corner.
It's all in your FLICK.
Flick your ankle towards the corner of your board when you're at the peak of your ollie, and flick it down obviously.
- Position your upper half of your back foot on the tail... comfortably.
- Position your front foot straight across the board, halfway on the board with your toes hanging slightly over
- You should really make this whole process just feel natural. Just get your board and pick the right foot positioning right off the bat like you've been doing this for hundreds of years... and then...
- Bend your knees/ crouch dow and POP! Smack your tail down really hard on the ground while sucking up your legs.
- While in the air at your peak, flick your ankle toward the corner groove of your board and flick it sorta down, so that board flips under your feet like it should.
- Jump straight up as you're doing this too
- Catch your board above the bolts, stomp it, and roll away like a PRO
- Then come back here and tell me you landed a heelflip =]
Last Minute Tips For Landing a Heelflip
You wanna learn a heelflip? Here's some tips for you...
- Stop telling yourself can't do a Heelflip and start believing YOU CAN
- Imagine yourself doing a perfect Heelflip over and over again in your head
- See yourself executing and landing this trick over and over again
- Act as if you can already land a Heelflip and feel like you already have
- Once you believe you can, go for it FULLY with no hesitation
Now go outside and make it happen! Believe in yourself, picture it happen, feel as if you know you're about to land a Heelflip, then take action!
Hope this helps ...let me know in the comment box below.
More by this Author
Imagine getting free product and gear to use, travelling around the globe, skating all the best skateparks and ultimately getting paid to do what you love -- skateboarding!
Learn how to build a kicker ramp quickly & easily... Every skateboarder should know how and because a kicker ramp doesn't require a lot of wood you can build one for cheap... 7 Steps to Building a Kicker Ramp for...
Build a set of micro-sized quarter pipes for your garage or basement. These 2 foot high quarters are perfect size for sharpening your miniramp skills and learning new tricks.