David Beckham Academy & the Man behind It
The David Beckham Academy was launched in 2005. Its the largest sporting facility of its kind in Europe and was set up to help young athletes (8 – 15 years), build up their skills and learn how to live a healthy life amongst other things.
The Academy also runs a very successful Schools Programme that includes a training day linked with Key Stage 2 and 3 learning. So far over 30,000 children have taken part in this for free.
The David Beckham Academy, Greenwich UK
The O2 - Millenium Dome, Greenwich, UK
The Academy is in Greenwich London. (pronounced Grenich) It’s in a perfect Tourist location, situated just next to the O2 where Michael Jackson was going to have his concerts this year. Its not far from where I live – I tend to visit the O2 a lot. There is also another Academy in Los Angeles, America. (The Academy in UK is just next to North Greenwich Underground Station. Parking is also available).
So, if you want your son to be the next Ronaldo, register him below.
** This Hub was originally written in Oct 2009. In May 2010, I found out that the Register links above are no longer working as the website is undergoing changes. It gives the message below. I will update the links as soon as David Beckham's site is up and running again. Thanks.
Website Message - May 2010
David and Wife advertising Armani Underwear 2009
Some Facts about David Beckham
- David is 34 and hubby to Victoria Beckham. aka Posh who was in the very famous Spice Girls band. Her nick name in the band was Posh Spice. They got hitched in 1999 and have 3 sons.
- He started his football career in 1992 with MANU – Manchester United and by 2004, he was the world’s highest paid footballer. He has captained England 59 times. (May I add, I supported MANU football team until he left).
One of David's many Hairstyles
- The Beckhams most famous home in Hertfordshire, UK is called Beckingham Palace but they now live in Beverly Hills, California – when David got a transfer to the Los Angeles Galaxy.
- David Beckham is a fashion icon and Sex Symbol. He used to change his hair every so often - the Mohichan, the skin head, the corn rows, pony tails etc. Even I couldn’t keep up with his trendy hair styles. He also appears in lots of adverts, which include Ads for Addidas, pepsi, Armani, Motorola bluetooth headset, his own branded perfume and many more.
Me, sitting by the fountains outside the Academy - 2009
- David does a lot of Charitable work which includes supporting UNICEF, Unite for Children, Unite against AIDs Campaign etc.
I admire the fact that his marriage has stayed strong even though Rebecca Loo (His ex Personal Assistant) nearly split it up with an allegation that she had an affair with him. I wish David and Victoria good luck for the future - not that they need it....
- Footballer, Ian Wright Dad with a Heart of Gold
A look at Shaun Wright-Phillips, the adopted son of Ian Wright. Ian has made a star out of his son, giving him full support and encouragement. Also, details of the match b/w England and Brazil in November - in which Shaun Wright Phillips also played.
- FIFA World Cup 2010 Hottest Players
FIFA World Cup 2010: For the hottest players from all over the world vote for the soccer world cup results of who is the sexiest player in the game. First Games of Group Play Football is once again the king.
Games and Books
More by this Author
Things I have personally noticed about people who laugh a lot. Thought provoking. Laughter is Good.
women and Sumo Wrestling
A look at Pro Ana Websites that encourage Anorexia as a healthy lifestyle and endanger the lives of youngsters. September 2009.