Minnesotan's Know How to Hunker Down for Snow Storms.
How Minnesotan's Prepare for a Snow Storm
I don't know what it is with us Minnesotan's, but the first big snow is always an exciting adventure. You'd think after so many winter seasons it wouldn't be such a big deal. This is what a typical Minnesotan does when they hear of a big snow storm coming in.
- Get prepared to hunker down
- Get to the grocery store to stock up on needed items, just in case one can't get out for a while.
- Start a nice fire in fireplace to stay cozy and warm
- Pull out the bin in the garage that holds the hats, boots, mittens, winter coats and snow pants
- Turn on the weather channel or local news so we can follow the storm from start to finish
- Once the storm starts we must look out the window as a family and let out loud squeals of joy
- Eventually it's time for the kids to run outside and rouse the neighbor kids for some winter fun
- If it's a heavy wet snow, then they must build Frosty the Snow Man, throw snowballs, go sliding
- When they've had their fill of cold, wet snow, they make their way inside for some hot chocolate with marsh mellows-preferably fireside
News Bulletin Just In...
*News Bulletin* This report just in from our local weather station
The first big snow storm of the season is just starting to taper down in the twin cities area. It looks like we could get about 7-10 inches of snow before all is said and done.
Channel 9 local news weatherman, Eric Maitland says "the heavy wet snow is causing several tree branches to fall, in turn bringing down power lines. According to Xcel Energy up to 3,000 of its customers are currently without power across the Twin Cities Metro area."
Do you Like a Good Snow StormSee results without voting
- What To Do In A Winter Power Outage
What will you do in cold wether if the power goes out for some reason? Do you know what you need to to survive? Winter disaster preparedness can make the difference between life and death.
© 2010 Linda Rogers
More by this Author
The painful story of how I lost friends after I was diagnosed with cancer. I'd heard from my cancer therapist that it's actually a common phenomenon, but I never thought it would happen to me.
My daily walk with the dogs turns into an embarrassing, awkward moment. Find out how I ended up on the ground.
A delicious and easy cucumber salad recipe. I've tried every kind of cucumber salad, and this one is my favorite.