The Importance of Intramurals or Sports Fests in Schools
Sports Fest, Sports Day, Field Day
An event (often sponsored by a school) in which participants (often students) compete via or take part in sports, perhaps for trophies or prizes.
Intramurals Are the Perfect Opportunity to Highlight Camaraderie, Sportsmanship, and Talent
School is a place where students are nurtured toward becoming responsible and productive members of society. School provides a means of molding students into capable employees or professionals in their chosen fields. Mathematics and science help students to enhance their reasoning, English helps hone and polish verbal and written communications, social studies promote socialization and awareness, and physical education encourages students to have holistic and active lifestyles and practice the arts of winning, losing, and teamwork.
In other words, participating in physical education provides invaluable life skills.
The Reasons Why Sports Fests or Intramurals Should Be Held at School:
- allow students to develop psychomotor skills and fine-tune motor skills with coordination, movement, strength, dexterity, grace, and speed, and also find healthy outlets for energy.
- promote camaraderie and rapport among students, instructors, parents, and administration. In other words, sports build strong bonds within the community.
- instill discipline among students.
- provide a healthy pastime to help students refrain from various vices such as drugs, smoking, drinking, and spending excessive time on electronic devices.
- teach the value of teamwork. In real work environments, team skills are some of the most valuable attributes an employee can have. The ability to work well with others can lead to job security and promotions.
- teach the value of sportsmanship. The ability to accept defeat gracefully is a sign of maturity and a requisite skill for success. The ability to bounce back strong from a fall will able students to experience personal triumph and immense joy. Losses teach students to rebound stronger next time, practice craft, and learn from mistakes, while wins teach students to never rest on their laurels but to keep practicing, and always maintain a fighting form. Playing sports teach students to refrain from boastful arrogance and instead to learn to be realistic and humble.
- showcase talents so that others will be inspired.
- encourage healthy competition among participants.
- teach students to shine under pressure and to cope with nerves or performance anxiety.
Are Intramural Sports and Sports Fests Important?
What Do You Think?See results without voting
You might be interested in:
- How to Let Your Kids Play Safe
The information and gear your kid will need to play safely.
- What are the Qualities of a Good Coach
Coaches are essential in any field. Learn what qualities the best coaches have.
- The Importance of Sports in Your Kid's Life
What is life without sports? Probably boring and lifeless. A list of reasons why sports are vital in the lives of your kids.
More by this Author
One of the only three nations that treats basketball as a national sport and past time (the other two, the Serbia and Lithuania), the basketball-crazy Philippines was once a powerhouse in Asian basketball in the...
Michael Jordan have been enshrined into the prestigious Hall of Fame joining other NBA legends like Larry Bird, Wilt Chamberlain, Gorge Gervin, George Mikan, and Magic Johnson in the illustrious list. The final award...
(Editor's Note: This Hub contains a brief story and insights on how to be a sports editor or sports writer). Sports writing has its own distinct identity, very interesting and yet enjoying. It has dimensions which are...