Tim Tebow: Stats, Quotes, and Interesting Information
(Confession:) Although I am a Pittsburgh Steelers fan, I am also a fan of the extraordinary. Tim Tebow being no exception.
As "T.T." has quickly become one of the most famous and watched athletes in the US, he is bringing about fans from all over the nation, and not just because of his "hail mary" skills, but also his "hail mary" attitude. He is the role model that many parents have been waiting waiting for. Not only is he exceptionally athletic and talented, he is a God-fearing Christian.
Statistics and Acheivements
- Born August 14, 1987 (my birthday, but I am a bit older!) in the Philippines to a Baptist couple while on a mission.
- While attending Nease High School in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL, he starred as quarterback.
- He played (as a senior in 2006) in the US Army All-American Bowl in San Antonio, TX.
- He finished his high school career with the following stats:
- 9,810 passing yards
- 95 passing touchdowns
- 62 rushing touchdowns
- 3,186 rushing yards
- In 2007, Tebow was mentioned in Sports Illustrated, and was also included in the top 33 football players in the state of Florida: The FHSAA's All-Century Team.
- Winner of the Heisman Trophy - He was the first sophomore to do so, as a Florida Gator (University of Florida).
- He helped the Gators to win two NCAA National Championships - in 2006 and 2008.
- In 2009 (his senior year), he led the Gators to a 13-1 record.
- In 2010, the NCAA instituted the "Tebow Rule", prohibiting players from having (imprinted) messages in their eye paint.
- He was selected by the Denver Broncos in the first round of the draft in 2010.
- The Broncos had a horrible 2010 season, finishing with a 4-12 record.
- Tebow signed a 5 year, $8.7 million "guaranteed" contract (he can make more than that, though).
- Tebow's stats for the 2010 season (he was a back up in 6 games, but started in the last 3 of the season):
- Threw 654 yards with 5 touchdowns.
- Rushed 226 yards with 6 touchdowns.
- In 2011, Tebow started the season as a back-up, once again. After the Broncos were off to a rocky 1-4 start, Tebow entered the game against the Chargers, at the beginning of the second half.
- The next game - against the Dolphins - Tebow changed the course of the Broncos season for the better. Down 15-0, Tebow fought back to a 18-15 win in OT.
- He led the Broncos to subsequent wins against the Raiders and Chiefs.
- The three proceeding games were won last-minute (as with against the Chargers) because of Tebow - against the Jets, Vikings, and Bears.
- Tim Tebow's stats for the 2011 regular season:
- 1,729 Passing yards, with 12 touchdowns.
- 660 Rushing yards, with 6 touchdowns.
Clearly, Tim Tebow is a force to be reckoned with, and has been working hard for years to make a name for himself. He certainly has.
3/21/12: With a 46.5% completion rate, Tim Tebow has officially been traded to the NY Jets (for Draft Picks). Whether he will fit in in NY and with the Jets, and how Sanchez feels about this, is yet to be seen! So far, Mike Tannenbaum (Jets GM) asserts that Sanchez will continue to be the starting QB.
10/21/12: No longer a QB? The Jets have now moved Tebow to Runningback, where he seems to be excelling. We shall see...
*Tim Tebow has received dozens of awards, which could not realistically be easily listed here.*
More Tebow & Football!
- Tebowing a new craze sweeping the planet | The Writer's Block Zine
- TimTebow.com | The Official Website of Tim Tebow
The official website of NFL Quarterback Tim Tebow, watch the Tim Tebow Documentary trailer, view pictures of Tim Tebow, and more
- Tim Tebow - John 3:16 - Real or Show?
Tim Tebow is a Christian and an NFL quarterback. What's the big deal?
- FSU Seminoles vs UF Gators Football - My Mixed Up Family
Whether you are a FSU Seminole Fan, a UF Gator fan or a UCF Knights fan you can find those fans in my family.
- Tim Tebow Love Him or Hate Him
These really are interesting times we live in. It seems that everywhere we look, people cannot get along, and there are people we love to hate. Tim Tebow is one such person.
Tim Tebow: The Role Model
He practices what he preaches. Tebow is a devout Christian, and a hard-working athlete. He has done extensive missionary and volunteer work (including working at his father's orphanage), and has been on the forefront of raising awareness for home schooled children involved in sports (helping it be more socially-accepted).
In his twenties, he is passionate about making a difference. His degree is in Family, Youth, and Community Sciences.
Tim Tebow on His New Book
Tebow's Favorite Bible Verse
"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16
What do you think?
Are you fan of Tim Tebow?See results without voting
In His Own Words...
Below are some quotes from Tim Tebow, relating to both his athleticism and his faith.
"I am not better than anyone else just because I play football."
"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard."
“You’ve got to worry about the next play…Keep believing because people aren’t always going to like you but you have to believe in the people around you…You’re going to get knocked down but it’s how many times you get back up.”
"Mom used to quote Isaiah 64: about waiting on the Lord. It doesn’t mean being complacent. It means understanding that he has a plan, and that we’re not the ones in control. In the meantime, we need to strive to use our gifts and abilities fully."
"There are several things that keep me grounded and focused... When you can humble yourself to say 'I'm no more important than anyone else. I just have a gift.'"
"I want to make a difference with my platform."
"Helping raise money for kids - there's nothing better than that."
"My passion is kids. More than just kids is underprivileged kids and orphans."
As previously stated, I am a Steelers Fan. I may get some laughs (and scorns) from people that know me best for having written and published this. I have not jumped on a bandwagon. I simply have respect for the guy, and wanted to showcase that he is more than just a trend or a name.
Too often, we focus on the juicy news - the gossip, fashion, and scandals. Yes, it can be fun, but it can also be exhausting.
It is interesting to me that Tim Tebow is in the spotlight for being considerably a great role model for kids. How refreshing.
Now, if only the below had not happened... (notice I did not mention this win above, in his achievements?)
OT TD Pass to Beat the Steelers
More by this Author
Many suggestions to help end achy, cracked, sore, engorged, and tender nipples/breasts in order to provide a great breastfeeding experience.
Plenty of suggestions to get the ball rolling! Ideas for groups of all ages and sizes!
Are you or your children interested in playing soccer? This is a compilation of the basic rules for playing the game. Great for anyone of any age!