Tips On Buying Used Paragliding Equipment For Sale
Question: Can anyone please give me tips on buying second hand or used paragliding equipment?
Answer: First of all be careful while buying second hand or used adventure sports equipment for sale, as your life depends on it. I would suggest that you buy new equipment, but the capital cost will go up if budget is an issue. Also, buy something that you have seen working for a long time (at least one season) plus have you done a P1 or P2 from any school yet? Check out with your paragliding club folks, they should have something for second hand, as buying a used glider from someone you don’t know is risky, though the ones that paragliding clubs have should be in good condition and safe enough, but they are going to very basic gliders.
Here are some tips on buying used paragliding equipment:
- Learn first if you are not trained properly, preferably up to P3 or intermediate paraglider rating or club pilot level (different names but the same thing).
- Buy equipment according to your skill level. It is better to fly a basic or basic intermediate canopy to its 100% and then buy a hot ship and be scared and fly it only to its 40% capability.
- Know the history of the glider you are going to buy. Get to know where it was flown and ask other people that fly on the site to confirm if it was ever in a major accident or was mishandled or misused.
- Most recommended is to involve a senior pilot or your instructor in purchase of gravity gear (I know it gets difficult to trust one but still it is the best way out).
- If possible have some experienced pilot fly and test the glider for you before you fly it.
- Log on Internet and read reviews of the paraglider.
- Go to DHV hanggliding and paragliding site and if it is a DHV certified paraglider, read the full test report of the wing and fly safe.
If you want to buy some equipment for paragliding in Pune, do visit an adventure sports equipment shop by the name of Adventure World located behind McDonald’s at Karve Road, Kothrud, Pune opposite to Choice Health Club. The cell number of owner is 9422504030.
Least but not last, whether it is a parachuting equipment, paragliding equipment, hangliding equipment, trekking equipment or any other adventure sports equipment, your life should be safe enough. Also if you are looking ahead for buying new paragliding equipment via online shopping portals, that would be a nice idea but always buy from trusted sites like Amazon and Ebay and then also check if the equipment is DMV certified or not.
All the best
More by this Author
If you are overburdened with your longstanding credit card debt, fed up of receiving harassing phone calls by your credit card issuing bank, want to get rid of debt collectors who threaten you at your home and office on...
A simple and straightforward guide to prevent and treat mouth ulcers. Also read about the the causes, signs, and symptoms.
Are you afraid of driving a standard transmission car? If yes then read this article that I have written especially for beginners who want to kick start driving a standard transmission car. I have provided step by step...