Top 10 NFL Fantasy Wide Receivers 2012
- Calvin Johnson - Averaging 1279 yards and 11.3 touchdowns the last four seasons it is safe to say Calvin Johnson should be the first wide receiver on your fantasy football draft boards.
- Larry Fitzgerald - Over 1,100 yards and averaging 7 scores in the past two season despite the mediocre quarterback play in Arizona.
- Victor Cruz - Surprised everyone last season as the un-drafted phenom grabbed 82 balls for 1,536. What may have been more surprising was Eli Manning threw for nearly 5,000 yards. There is plenty of opportunity here.
- Mike Wallace - Move over Antonio Brown! Wallace is back from a lengthy holdout. The best news from this hold out may be Brown's improved play which can take cover off Wallace who had 50 or more yards receiving in 13 games last season.
- Julio Jones - I know you are thinking blasphemy! This is where Roddy White should be ranked, right? But consider this Jones had 6 scores in the last 4 games last season whereas White had 3. Also, Jones had five 100 yard receiving games (same as Roddy White) on four fewer games.
- Wes Welker - Since leaving Miami and joining the Patriots Welker has caught 111 balls a season for an average of 1,221 yards and 6 touchdowns. Not the sexiest pick at wide receiver but very reliable.
- Percy Harvin - Clearly the favorite target of Christian Ponder. Harvin always finds a way to be a vital offensive force in Minnesota whether its as a running back, returner, or oh yeah a wide receiver! He averaged 14 fantasy points over the last 8 games last season even with that week 15 goose egg versus New Orleans. Had he produced at that level the entire season he would have been the number two fantasy wide out.
- Roddy White - 29 touchdowns in the last three seasons coupled with back to back 100 catch seasons. White hasn't received for less than 1,100 yards since 2006! Only question mark is will there continue to be room for two star receivers to blossom?
- Marques Colston - Finished 11 among wide-outs last season in fantasy points despite missing 3 games.
- Miles Austin - Seven touchdowns in only 10 games in 2011. There is something special there between Austin and Romo.
What do you think?
Is Larry Fitzgerald worth a first round pick?See results without voting
More by this Author
Wiz Khalifa, young Pittsburgh rap star has been blowing up the recent music scene. His catchy choruses and lyrics written as if an ode to weed are a hit among rebellious teenagers. Khalifa is following in the steps of...
"I've Always Been Somethin' That These Labels Can't Buy Especially If They Tryna Take A Piece Of My Soul" - Drake "Say What's Real" *"I can't relate to that" All this talk about...
Standard Deviation = σ (The Greek letter sigma) First find the mean of the given set of numbers. Next subtract the mean from each number in the set. Then square the sum of each number. Add the total of...