Top 5 WWE Monday Night Raw Moments
WWE Raw has become an American staple over the past 20 years. Monday after Monday they have provided us with non-stop entertainment that would keep us buzzing until next Monday’s show. We have seen many careers made. Others reached legendary status due to their performances on this live show.
As WWE Raw approaches its 1000th episode, many superstars were asked what their favorite Raw moments were. Many of those were still vivid in my mind as if it were yesterday. It prompted me to think of my five favorite moments on Raw. Thinking in my mental roll-a-deck and perusing YouTube brought up many funny moments. The one superstar who could have easily monopolized the entire five spots is none other than the Texas Rattlesnake himself, Stone Cold Steve Austin. During the “Attitude Era” he along with Mr. McMahon brought the balance of power back to the WWE with their feud. However there were many other great moments worth mentioning.
William Regal Becomes the Founding Member
5. The Vince McMahon Kiss My Ass Club is Born – Talk about shock TV. Who would have thought a grown man would do something that crazy on national television. Vince decides to teach one of his cronies a lesson. This is what happens to you when you cross the boss. And to think that Wiliam Regal immortalizes himself on video forever as being an “Ass Kisser” is beyond embarrassing.
- WWE William Regal joins kiss my ass club - YouTube
WWE Monday night raw 11/19/2001 William Regal joins Mr. Mcmahons kiss my ass club in order to keep his job as a wrestler. William Regal went ahead and kissed...
Anybody Thirsty for Beer!
4. Stone Cold douses The Rock and Vince McMahon with beer from the beer truck – Stone Cold at his best again. It’s pure comic relief as Stone Cold blasts The Rock with beer in the middle of one of his catch phrases. This set up the stage for the Rock/Stone Cold Wrestlemania match up 6 days later.
- Stone Cold Beer Truck - YouTube
Stone Cold Sprays Mr. McMahon and The Rock with a beer truck on Raw.
The Y2J Problem Is Here!
3. The Millennium Countdown interrupts the Rock - What bigger way to introduce your latest acquisition. Interrupting the “Great One” during one of his promo’s was almost unheard of. The Rock always had a 10 minute spot on Raw to do whatever he pleased (ie. Horrible renditions of Elvis Pressley songs). As the clock struck zero, Chris Jericho entered and didn’t disappoint. One of Mr. McMahon’s greatest moves was to put his eggs into the basket known as Y2J.
- Y2J DEBUT - YouTube
Y2J interrupts The Rock"s promo in his WWE Debut on Monday Night Raw
Gone Too Soon!!!
2. The Raw program the Monday After Owen Hart Died – This show was heartfelt to the core. One of the greatest in ring and out of ring performers, Owen Hart, died due to a freak accident at the previous nights Pay Per View. I’ll never forget the video tributes that the WWE superstars gave. An image that will be forever branded in my memory was seeing the World’s Strongest Man, Mark Henry, crying as he shared thoughts about Owen.
Who's The Baddest Man on the Planet?
1. Stone Cold interrupting the Mike Tyson/ Mr. McMahon conference – This event was so huge that it was played immediately following the show on ESPN and many local newscasts. Vince is a marketing genius, not to mention a great over the top actor. He dropped many “Austin you S.O.B. you ruined it, you ruined it” during the brawl. Just think to yourself, who would have the grapefruits to get in Iron Mikes face and challenge him?
- stone cold steve austin vs mike tyson - YouTube
Stone Cold Steve austin interrupts Mike Tyson and Vince McMahon on Monday Night Raw
More by this Author
Every year, the fever known as March Madness, sweeps the nation. People that care nothing about basketball become enthusiasts. Many hope to see their Alma mater gain national exposure by making a run at the National...
In an industry that has given us organizations such as NWA/WCW, AWA, ECW, TNA, WCCW, and Ring of Honor, the WWE has survived for almost 50 years. Or better yet, after a half a century, it is thriving as the...
The Cagle Post The year 2012 was a very interesting year. There was the larger than life pagentry of the Olympics. New stars were born while the greatest Olympian of all time swam his last lap. There was the rematch...