How To Plan the Ultimate Super Bowl Party: Host the Best Superbowl Party on Game Day
It's That Time of Year Again: Super Bowl Party Time!
But this year, it's your turn to host the big Super Bowl Bash. You've already got the , plenty of space for your friends, and all your friends are looking forward to showing up with nothing more than a six pack of their favorite brew. HD Flat Screen TV
Now what? Are You Ready? Are You Prepared?
Don't be alarmed! Don't be scared! If this is your first try at hosting a Super Bowl Party or you just want some fresh ideas, then this is the article for you! Included in this article are some great ideas including Super Bowl Friendly Food, Fun, and ways to keep the kids busy while the Big Game is playing! Sit back, relax, and take some notes. This is going to be the party that people will be talking about for years!
This article give you some new and fresh ideas on how to throw the Ultimate Super Bowl Party Including tips on how to keep the kids occupied, appetizers and food ideas, decorating and much more!
Vote In the Poll!
Have You Ever Thrown a Super Bowl Party?See results without voting
You Have to Get These for Your Super Bowl Party!!!
Decorating the House for Your Party
The first thing your friends will notice when they walk in is the ambiance. If you want them to really enjoy the super bowl party experience then you need to create an atmosphere different from the every day scene they see when they visit you any other time.
Think of a theme. It can be a general theme or a tribute to your favorite team. Get creative! Your imagination is the limit. Consider buying party supplies that match your theme. You can order them online or at your local party store. Thinking outside the box, you don't have to stick to a football theme. Why not have a "Hawaiian Night" themed party? The more eccentric and creative you are the better the party will be. You might even become famous on Facebook!
Party Theme Ideas:
- Hawaiian Luau
- Costume and Contest
- Tailgater Party with the Grill on the Porch
To choose the best theme for you, think of your friends and the things they like and enjoy. You are catering to them so be sure to make sure it is something they will think is cool and not lame. You may want to notify your guests ahead of time so they can be prepared. Or, you may want to hold out and see their expressions when they enter your "zone". You are the artist! Get creative!
Delicious Appetizer and Food Recipes
- Make Shrimp Fritters and Sweet Potato Rolls with Ginger
- Make Homemade Pickles In 24 Hours
- Marinated Pork Deli Sandwich Recipe
- Healthy Fresh Spring Salad Rolls With (or without) Shrimp
- Healthy Green Papaya Salad
- Dipping Sauces: Green Mango, Chili Coriander, and Tamarind Dips
- Curry for Chicken Seafood or Beef Recipe
- Make Fish Cakes with Lime Leaves and Chives
- Tangy Ham and Vegetable Stew
- Healthy Raw Vegetable, Fruit and Herb Plate
- Fish Pate with Peanuts and Tamarind
- Honey Glazed Chicken
Your Guests Want To Eat!
They will show up hungry and some of them may be drinking alcohol. There are a few things that you, as the host, have to keep track of. First, and most important, make sure that all your guests have a Designated Driver!
***Drinking and Driving is Not Cool. Don't Ruin the Party! Designate a Driver!***
Of course you will want to get the basic snacks and appetizers:
- Chips and Salsa
- Hot and Sweet Peppers
- Juice for the Kids
- Soda or something non-alcoholic for Designated Drivers and those who don't drink
- Subs, Hoagies, or Grinders cut into smaller portions
- Cheese and Cracker Platter
- Hot Dogs
- Hamburgers (don't forget the condiments!)
- Pasta Salad
- Potato Salad
- Stuffed Peppers
Check out the recipes to the right. They are all tested and proven to be delicious. Chances are, your friends have never tried these recipes and they will be impressed with your cooking skills! The more exotic and different the food, the better your party rating will be among your peers!
You might be surprised at the reaction when you introduce your friends to new and delicious foods that they have never tried before. You might even get invited to their New Year's Party next year.
How Do I Keep the Kids Busy?
OK, so everything is all set and the game is ready to begin. There's one thing you forgot! Some kids love to watch the game but many do not. So what do we do for the kids that get bored? There are unlimited ideas if you think about it, but here are some suggestions:
- Set up a Game Console such as Nintendo Wii, Xbox 360, or in another room. Sony PS3
- Designate an adult or take turns monitoring and checking on the kids in 10-15 minute intervals
- Hire a Babysitter
- Send them to the Navy (Joking!)
- Have Board Games and Puzzles for them to play with
- Try to get them involved in the game by patiently explaining the rules of football (this may require both patience and some time before the game)
- Set up a Karaoke Machine (preferably away from the game!)
A Super Super Bowl Party!Click thumbnail to view full-size
Remember that the Safety of your guests is Your responsibility! Don't let them drive drunk and monitor the crowd to make sure no one gets too wasted. If you find one of your friends is a bit too drunk, take their keys and offer them a ride after the game. If worst come to worse, you can always allow them to stay over for the night. If they give you flack, remind them that you want them to stay alive long enough to come to next year's party. If all else fails, call a cab! Always be prepared. Having things like a Fire Extinguisher on hand is a great idea.
So enjoy your party and have fun with your friends. I hope this guide and these tips have given you some inspiration on how to throw an awesome Super Bowl Party! Remember to be responsible and to have fun. This only comes once a year so make the best of it!
More by this Author
- 37How To Make A Chess Board: Guide To Drawing, Scoring and Wood Burning Techniques To Create Homemade Chess Checkers Board
Do You Like Playing Chess or Checkers? Do You Enjoy Wood-Working at Home? Have You Ever Considered Creating a Unique Chessboard of Your Own? Well now you can with these simple do-it-yourself instructions!
These Banana Sesame Fritters make a great snack whether for after school or after a meal. They are best accompanied by Home Made Coconut Ice Cream but can eaten alone as well! This would make a great appetizer or side...
Learn about cast iron cookware and its benefits and how to season, clean, and store it.