The 6 Necessities To Bring Camping.
Know Your Area
When camping in the wilderness it is important to carry all the right camping supplies. First you must think what time of year you'll be camping in then check the weather reports. You need to do this to ensure the camping supplies you bring will keep you warm in the winter or cool in the summer. Also you'll want to study a map of the area so you'll have a general idea of the surrounding area. Below are some of the items you'll never want to forget no matter where you go.
1. A good tent is essential when camping in remote areas where RV's can't get to or when there are no campgrounds around. You'll need to carry a very light tent if you are hiking in to your destination as this will lighten your load.
2. Having cooking utensils and some basic survival tools will come in handy if you’re planning on camping in areas where there are no facilities. Camping in the wilderness is preferred by many but you must be prepared.
3. Be prepared for sudden bad weather as nothing is worse than hiking in the mountains and a sudden storm pops out of the blue and drenches your clothing and camping supplies. A light weight poncho can keep you somewhat dry and will keep all your gear from getting drenched in a sudden downpour. Take time to list the items you'll need for your trip and regardless of the time of year make sure you are prepared for the worst. If you can't think of everything you need then look up a camping checklist online and you can print one out before your trip.
4. Don't forget, if you're going hiking you'll need some good hiking boots as this will keep you from getting fatigued during your hike. Break them in before going on your trip, nothing is worse than blisters half way through your hike.
5. For family camping trips you'll want to bring the essential along with some games and fun activities for around the campfire. Graham crackers, chocolate and marshmallows are the most popular as everyone loves a great smores roasted over the open fire.
6. Bring a compass and some binoculars for the kids to use while on your hikes. Maps are always very handy if you're in an area you're not familiar with. GPS units are ideal in a situation where you don't know the area. Any inexpensive one will work but make sure you know how to use it before you go out.
Don't Get Overwhelmed
As you know there are so many items you can bring camping and depending on the time of year and the area you're camping in it can get overwhelming. The six items mentioned above are just some of the typical items you will never want to forget on any camping trip. A bit of research on the area and the weather is a good start when determining what to bring with you.
Having all the right camping supplies is vital to enjoying your next trip and also it can save your life in an extreme situation in the wilderness. To find all the right gear for your next trip there are thousands of products to choose from and you can find thousands of them at many camping supply sites across the internet.
More by this Author
Certain months of the year are prime time for camping. Fall is one of the best times of year to camp. Read more and we'll show you why.
There are pros and cons about camping in tents compared to RV's. We show you the ins and outs along with goods an bads about camping in both. This may just sway you one way or the other.
Working with acrylic water can be frustrating, dealing with bubbles, clarity and setting up tacky are some of the most common problems. We'll show you how the pros do it and it's just a matter of a few trad tricks that...
No comments yet.