Who enabled Jerry Sandusky, the nut case, who will die in jail?
1. Joe Paterno. He’s dead.
2. PSU Vice President Gary Schultz and Athletic Director Tim Curley, both of whom will likely be doing hard time for perjury. And PSU President Graham Spanier who also may go to jail. Maybe not. In any event, his career and reputation are ruined.
3. Back in 1998, the District Attorney, Department of Public Welfare, Children Services, and police investigators copped out (no pun intended). In reviewing the documents from back then, many conclude charges should have been filed against Sandusky. If they had been, the rest of this tragedy likely would have not happened.
4. The parents of the victims. With a few exceptions. Your child is being sexually abused over a long period of time, and you have no clue?
5. Sandusky’s wife and other close family members.
6. The media. They were able to figure out Tiger Woods was doing a bunch of hot babes. Why couldn’t they figure out Jerry Sandusky was doing a bunch of young boys for years and years?
7. Penn State students and alumni. NOT. PSU will pay out far more in civil lawsuits than what the NCAA billed them for, and this cost will to some extent be borne by the students, alumni, and taxpayers.
Anybody with a brain bigger than a pea can figure this one out. There’s plenty of blame to be passed around, but PSU students and alumni don’t deserve any of it.
The NCAA is a kangaroo court.