Say Yes To Life profile image 88

I have catapedaphobia - fear of jumping from a high place. How do I overcome it?

I have no problems going off the 3 foot board at the local swimming pool. But the next platform is 16.5 feet! I can't find any place that has platforms that gradually work up to that height! This picture contains an 8 and 14 foot platform. Last year, I actually went off the 8 foot one twice, with someone, but haven't had the nerve to do it since. Whenever I find an alternative, something is wrong. I went to the ladder of a 50 foot cliff, only to find a dead shark at the bottom. I found a 6 foot wall, but the ocean there is too shallow. I have done all sorts of studies, but it still scares me!

cjarosz says

• Say Yes To Life profile image

Yoleen Lucas (Say Yes To Life) 2 years ago

I believe that is the basis of my fear. I don't recall ever suffering trauma from falling. However, people do these things all the time with no problems. How do I work past the fear, so I don't limit my life?