How To Find The Best Snorkel Sets
Snorkelling Sets For Safe Summer Fun
Snorkelling is one of the most enjoyable summer recreational sports. But like most sport having the proper equipment can hinder your enjoyment. When choosing the right snorkel set there are a few factors to consider like the fit, you have to feel comfortable enough in the snorkel in order to enjoy our self under water. Listed below are some tips for choosing the best snorkelling set to choose your budget and your needs.
Whats in A Snokelling Set
Snorkelling sets usually come in 3 pieces, a mask, snorkel and flippers though you can buy individual items it is often more cost effective to buy them as a set.
What to Look For When Choosing The Best Snorkel Set
- Price is always an important factor when shopping for items but do consider your safety and comfort when it comes to equipment like snorkel sets. Your snorkel set need to fit comfortable in your mouth .Silicone Mouth pieces work best since you have to bit to hold your mouth piece in place. This is essential when choosing kids snorkel sets.
- You can either opt for an open tube snorkel or a semi dry on which has a capped top. It is a personal preference. Open snorkles are good for calm waters .You should consider the semi dry ones in more rough waters.
- There isn’t an optimum length and diameter of snorkel, it varies for each individual. It is also important to get the right length sorkel. Longer snorkels are most appropriate while the short ones will allow more water in.
- Also consider the type of fins you chose. Try on fins. There are two fins options to choose from. The open heel or full. The open heel is less secure around the ankles and The full foot is the preferred safer option to avoid accidental cuts.
What Do Snorkel Sets Cost
One of the most affordable snorkel sets on the market is scuba diving snorkel sets. These are prices around$15 to $25 for the basic snorkel set or up to $60 for the upgrades. Also do read customer reviews of products before you buy this could save you the trouble of buying a product that does not work properly.
Buying Snorkel Set Online
I would not recommend buying a snorkel set online if you are a first time buyer, since you need o find the right fit. You can however buy a snorkel set online if you have already tried it out in store and are looking for the best deals online or if you have already bought one online.
Bestselling Snorkel Sets
- One of the most recommended brand of snorkel sets is U.S Divers.
U.S. Divers Cozumel Mask, Seabreeze Dry Snorkel, and Proflex II Fin Snorkelling Set
- The best feature of this U.S Divers snorkel set is the dry top structure that helps keep water out while maintaining an unobstructed airflow. It come in sizes small to large which can also fit kids aged 10 and up and most adults. Fins are also available in different sizes.
- Price: $21.99 - $35.21. (As advertsed 07.02.2011).
U.S. Divers Diva 1 Lx / Island Dry Adult Silicone Mask Combo
- · This one size fits all snorkel set is made up of just goggles and snorkel and is available in a variety of colors.
- Price: $29.99. (As advertsed 07.02.2011).
No comments yet.