Bimini Boat Tops Buying Tips
Bimini Boat Tops are what make the difference when riding on the boats. They serve as the protection from the heat of the sun and as well as other harsh condition such as rain and show. Bimini tops are usually open front canvases that supported by a specially designed metal frame and they can be easily put on and taken off without any problem for storage.
These boat add-on kits can be made of many different type of materials such as cotton duck, vinyl and acrylic.
- Cotton duck tops are the cheapest among all and they don’t tend to last long and degrade easily when come under intense heat or higher UV conditions.
- Vinyl is the most common fabric used for bimini tops and many people prefer this type. Vinyl is waterproof and unlike other type it can be cleaned easily. It is available in many different qualities from low to high.
- Acrylic is the most expensive among the three, so it is more durable or long lasting compares to the other two. It can stand up well to extreme temperature conditions and rough use.
How to Choose the Right Bimini Boat Top
You can’t just walk into a store and pick up a bimini top as you like, you have to know certain factors that you need to consider when choosing bimini tops for boats.
- The Width – this is the most important dimension so that it can fit perfectly onto your boat. The space within the points to mount the hinges must be exact; otherwise the top could not be installed properly. Anyhow, most frames that are available in the market have allowances for about several inches so that the mounting could be done easily.
- The Length – most bimini tops come in the lengths of 4, 6, 8 and 10 feet long. The selection of the length is based on the size of your boat. Smaller boats require shorter tops while larger boats require longer tops.
- The Height – You should make sure that the top is tall enough to provide headroom so that you can ride comfortably on the boat. Smaller boats usually employed with bimini boat top with the height of 30-36” while larger boats use either a 36-48” or 48 – 60” bimini height. You should also take into consideration of the distance between the deck and the mounting points.
- Material Used – The above factors are the sizes of the frame that you need to fit perfectly on to your boat. Now you will need to choose between the materials that should be used as the shade (mentioned at the beginning). Take note that bimini boat tops are always exposed to the sun and rain, so you might want to consider getting the most durable ones.
Now armed with this information, you can now go shopping for the right bimini boat tops. The store assistance will be able to provide you guide should you need to figure out or to make sure that the one you choose is the right choice. Since they are in this business, they will even be able to recommend the best frame and fabric type and color based on the model of your boat.
As an extra tip, when you don't need to use the bimini top, you can always take it out and keep it in a storage boot. This boot is just like a bag that wraps around the bimini and lock everything inside. Ask if you such thing is available when getting your bimini boat top, you might get extra discounts when getting these two things together.
- Sunbrella Boat Cover - Getting Sunbrella Boat Covers
Sunbrella is a market leader in performance fabrics industry and one of their bestsellers are the Sunbrella Boat Covers that widely used worldwide.
More by this Author
This is a story about Ajahn Siripanno, who gave up everything and becoming a Theravada Buddhist forest monk in Thailand. His father is a successful businessman with net worth of billions of Dollars.
Using only boat cover to protect your boat is not enough and definitely not a wise decision. Using it together with a boat cover support system will provide the ultimate protection to your boat.
Most laptop or mobile pc speakers are not made to produce high quality of audio. Unless you are opting for a high end laptop with supreme sound system, you might want to purchase a separate pair of laptop speaker to...