Catch Big Perch Fishing Tips
Perch Fishing Tips
It seems the typical angler these days prefers to fish for big carp - but not all. A 4lb specimen perch can be as much as an achievement to many anglers as it would be to catch a 30lb carp. Using lighter tackle and catching these little predators can in fact be one of the most rewarding types of fishing.
Perch are a fantastic fish to fish for if you are new to fishing, and also a fantastic fish for children to go for. They are not the hardet to catch but are nevertheless great fun.
I aim to give you 5 wonderful tips that should help improve your catch rates when fishing for perch. Hopefully they work for you.
1) You will catch perch on Worm and Maggots over any other bait. I have caught perch on bread and even sweetcorn before but you could be waiting a very long time and will have to get through the other common lake fish, such as roach, bream, carp before you will catch a perch on these baits.
2) Use a light fishing line, i recommend 2 - 4lb. You will find yourself getting more bites by using a lighter line than a thicker on.
3) Small hooks are also important. A size 20 hook will catch you small perch with no problems. If you aim to catch larger ones then a size 14 hook should be more than sufficient, but bare in mind you are likely to catch less smaller fish by doing this. 2 maggots, preferably red will give you the best results. Be sure to strike quickly on a bite from a perch otherwise you will find that they swallow the hook and it can be tricky trying to get it out with a disgorger and can also harm the fish. Learn from Matt Hayes.
4) Be careful when picking up a perch in your hand. They're top fin is very sharp and can cut very easily. Therefore best to hold them from underneath.
5) You will have a huge advantage of catching more perch if bait the swim up in order the attract them. The best way to do this is to use fishmeal base groundbait and adding some chopped worms. The smell will attract the fish almost instantly and the cloud also attract perch. Glow worms can also be very attractive. Most bait is cheaper to buy online, so i recommend that also. I have added a shortcut below to some of my favourites.
Perch Fishing Lures
- Cheap Bite Alarms
Bite Alarms UK is the perfect place to find a super cheap bargain for your fishing bite alarm sets. Lowest price guaranteed. In association with Tackle Tart Angling to meet all of your angling needs. Enjoy browsing our high quality, clearance carp fi
More by this Author
Laser Eye Surgery has become popular throughout the world and is understandly widely available also. The country that is generally thought to have the cheapest lasik eye surgery is usually India. This is very true as...
Carp Fishing Intro If you have found this page, then you - just like me are most probably a carp fishing addict! Always looking for that extra little tip, trick, or bait that might give you the edge next time you make...
Before we start, take a look at the picture on the right. It is the poster for Derren Brown - Svengali. Stare at the picture for 10 seconds or so, focusing on the stage area. Then continue reading through the page, but...