jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (13 posts)

Steve Nash a Laker

1. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 4 years ago

I've like Steve Nash's game since I saw him play at Santa Clara.  I'm just wondering how much he has left.  The Lakers have pulled veterans past their prime together in the past - Gary Peyton, Karl Malone team comes to mind.

I still think the Lakers are two players away from competing.  They need someone that can run the floor and finish at the rim and they need a spot up shooter that can drain the three.

Defensively, I don't think they are quick/strong enough at guard.  That needs to get better.

1. JKenny profile image94
      JKennyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hmmm, interesting move for Steve Nash, I've always been a big fan of his and of Jason Kidd, a player of the same sort of mould. The Lakers are still a decent team, but they're now too far behind the Thunder to be considered a contender. Plus, while Nash is undoubtedly still a talented player, he's only got 1 or maybe 2 years left in the game.

2. albertcamus27 profile image61
      albertcamus27posted 4 years ago in reply to this
  2. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 4 years ago

I don't think the Lakers are too far behind the Thunder with the right role players.  They need an upgrade to Barnes - he doesn't finish well enough.  And the shooter.  Ray Allen would be a really nice pickup for that role.

I feel like the Lakers are still hoping to magically land Howard. Nash, Bryant, Gasol, Bynum/Howard and WorldPeace/Artest is a strong starting lineup.  Susceptible to speed and missing a pure shooter. 

I'd love to see Kobe at the three and Allen or a shooter at the two and I think that team can get back to the finals.

3. JKenny profile image94
    JKennyposted 4 years ago

I agree, if the Lakers do get Howard and get a decent shooter like a Ray Allen, then they'll definitely be a contender if not a favourite for the title alongside Miami.

4. JBrumett profile image60
    JBrumettposted 4 years ago

He's 38 years old now.  If they were serious about winning they'd have done it when he was in his prime.  The move will make sure there's no empty seats though; if there are any empty seats ever in L.A.  =-P

5. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 4 years ago

I am also a fan of Steve Nash. Good luck to him he said he wants to be near his children.

Together with Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum Lakers is a stronger team now!

6. jcales profile image75
    jcalesposted 4 years ago

They addressed the point guard role but will still get eaten alive because of:
    1.) lack of foot speed on defense
    2.) lack of a bench

It'll do nice to keep those ticket prices high but I'd rather see the Clippers for now.

Billups, Paul, Odom, Griffin and their other players overall beat the Lakers 8 players.

7. thelyricwriter profile image48
    thelyricwriterposted 4 years ago

Kidd still has the talent to make everyone around better. The Lakers do still need   help, but this is a great upgrade.

8. jeolmoz2 profile image63
    jeolmoz2posted 4 years ago

Nash's nearing his 40s...it's very, very unfair for Laker fans to think that he's going bring back "Show-Time" or win a title for Los Angeles

9. smithed profile image81
    smithedposted 4 years ago

this is clearly a desperate move by the lakers to try to get Kobe his sixth ring. the lakers know Kobe probably only has 3 or 4 years left and they can't afford to spend the time rebuilding with young players. that said, though, Nash can still be a good player.

10. KevinTimothy profile image87
    KevinTimothyposted 4 years ago

A good signing but I'm afraid it wont be good enough.  They better make sure someone younger with fresher knees is behind Nash all year.

11. jeolmoz2 profile image63
    jeolmoz2posted 4 years ago

The return of "Show Time" might b lil over reachin by Laker fans...Nash's nearly 40 years old