jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

What has been your favourite olympic moment so far?

1. Nick Hanlon profile image60
    Nick Hanlonposted 4 years ago

London 2012 has produced ,in my opinion,more than it's fair share of higlights.Was it phelps in the pool,Usain Bolt on the track,the British cyclists or even the female badminton players who we're kicked out for not trying.What's your decision?

2. Greek One profile image80
    Greek Oneposted 4 years ago

Preliminary rounds of women's fencing....

reminded me of my dating years

3. adjkp25 profile image93
    adjkp25posted 4 years ago

It is really tough to pick just one.  Being an American I am proud of how the women gymnastics worked out for these young ladies as a team and individually.

Phelps becoming the most decorated athlete is something that can't be ignored either.

May and Walsh winning their third gold in a row in beach volleyball with a perfect match record in Olympic play.

Just bring back baseball and softball and we would be good to go.

4. Wesley Meacham profile image94
    Wesley Meachamposted 4 years ago

The greatest thing about this year's Olympics is that I haven't watched a single moment of it.

1. Horatio Plot profile image84
      Horatio Plotposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It's been great. The buzz in London is amazing.
      The best bit is getting home each evening and seeing how many medals GB has won!
      I remember the dark days of Atlanta (one Gold).
      GB Rocks!
      25 Golds and still counting.
      P.S. My real fave moment was Mo winning the 10,000.

5. Suhail and my dog profile image87
    Suhail and my dogposted 4 years ago

Canada has not won many golds, but each time our finance starved athletes stand at the start line, its a moment of pride for us.

My son and I liked cycling and rowing /canoeing / kayaking events, but my family thinks there is no match for excitement of winter Olympics.

6. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 4 years ago

There have been so many triumphant moments.
    What stands out for me was the segment on Brittney Reese the long jumper from a gulf town in Misssissippi. She was so humble about wanting to do well for her hometown. The footage of her hurricane ravaged city was really powerful.
    Very, very moving.

http://mpbonline.org/News/article/406lo … r_olympics