RE Lakers signing Howard

1. jeolmoz2 profile image62
    jeolmoz2posted 4 years ago

Not a Laker's fan, but a huge basketball fan...the Lakers had to make this trade happen. There're in the Western Conference and there's no way they can take all comers without helping out Kobe. Bynum after Lakers treated him with kid's gloves for years, while he recovered from multiple knee issues paid 'em back by acting a fool and Meta World Peace is just a waste of roster space. Hopefully adding Nash & Howard will get Gasol back on track.

2. ocbill profile image76
    ocbillposted 4 years ago

You sound like a true fan. I like Bynum's skills more than Howard after living in FL and seeing Howard on TV that season in 2009.  Nash is a good addition, but at 38, chronic back issues, and a slow bad defender. How will he guard Westbrook and a healthy guard Maynard off the bench (people forget Maynard was hurt last year).  World Peace is a joke but still has game as awkward as it is.

I still see age and Howard's lack of offense, silly personal fouls (yes he is foul prone) hurting the Lakers. I still pick OKC since they are so young and just getting better and better.  Perkins, Ibaka, and Collison are enough to stop Gasol and Howard. Sefalosha stopped (slowed) Bryant.
    Nobody stopped Westbrook, Durant and Harden. Watch out for San Antonio too.
    Denver is a sleeper and a problem.  Wilson Chandler, Gallinari, Ty Lawson, Iguodala and McGee.
    OKC in 6 again in the year of 2013 in west finals.

1. jeolmoz2 profile image62
      jeolmoz2posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Injuries r part of game, but if Clippers & Memphis can keep their core players relatively healthy come playoff time, they will b tough out West also